Cultivated Reef

RedPhotog

On 8/31/2019 at 4:46 PM, RedPhotog said:

Leak test finished, all is good. I knew there was gonna be a very slim chance for leaks. They test all of their aquariums for leaks before boxing them for shipping. 

I also assembled the cabinet that goes with the aquarium. The tank is 24x24x18, the 2424 stand took a little time to figure out, the directions were very minimal. No words, just pictures. There’s actually a better diagram on their website that shows more steps in the instructions. I can already tell this stand is gonna last. The wood is very sturdy, thick, and heavy. The hinges are very nice, and there’s a soft close bracket that makes the cabinet door swing nicely. Very pleased. 

New gear! 

I’ve decided to use the Innovative Marine Mighty Jet desktop pump for the return.  I know this pump will probably be a little OP along with the AI Nero 5 I purchased for flow. Both are controllable with lots of features and modes to choose from. I chose the Nero 5 over the MP10 because I like having a wavemaker that’s WiFi ready out of the box. The reviews for both of these pumps are solid and I’m excited to use them. I used the Mighty Jet during the leak test, and that pump is very strong and very quiet. I got the Sicce Syncra 2.0 as a backup pump. 

Kessil A360we with Mounting Arm 

I love Kessil! It’s probably the only light I’ll use in the hobby. The controls are idiot proof, Kessil logic guarantees an accurate spectrum with a seamless spread, and the shimmer is ridiculous. I’m gonna have to be very careful acclimating my corals under this light. My livestock has lived under the A80 this whole time with 15w, the 360 is 90w. It’s sooooo much stronger. Gonna have to work up from 15% intensity for awhile. I plan on mounting the light 8-10 inches from the surface with the mounting arm. I’m hoping it’s comfortable on the starfire glass, I’ve always used a piece of acrylic Velcro on the back of the tank in fear the brackets and screws will chew up the glass. 

Cobalt Neo 150w Heater 

Probably the only kind of heater I’ll use. The differential between powering on and off is a half degree. I also got an InkBird controller for the heater, but am finding the swing before coming on is too wide. The differential on the device is set to 1 degree, the biggest swing I’ve seen was from 76.4-78.3. That’s almost 2 full degrees of swinging before coming on, multiple times a day. Might just go with the Neo and come up with another plan for heater redundancy. 

XP Aqua Duetto ATO 

Im gonna wire the cabinet for electricity tonight and tomorrow. Get things dialed in before I do my last WC In the 12g. I should have everything transitioned before next weekend. Gonna take my time and enjoy the build.  I have 2 decent sized chambers im wondering what to do with. I’m thinking of getting a protein skimmer soon after everything is settled. 

8A04AC68-9BE5-4EFD-9D97-9D17742B0A06.jpeg

6E80766B-9301-49A3-9EDD-02A12B8A155B.jpeg

82E62794-7843-4026-8BF8-C03188AF4EBC.jpeg

E96D8D0F-50EA-4C70-8B49-A9684AC883F8.jpeg

A33AD060-7718-4CEA-83D3-F320A7393A79.jpeg

4891D983-6993-42C8-A93E-3480427D0E73.jpeg

9655AE1C-2053-4A25-9241-44562AE2C0E0.jpeg

Not op at all! I run my nero at 75% random on my 40 aio and also have a mighty jet. Solid gear mate! Nice tank 😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 year later...