Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

dai2dai996's Biocube 32 reef

dai2dai996

Update... I bought a clownfish (Nemo) and a banded coral shrimp (Pierre).  I think it's a bit early for a shrimp, but I just couldn't help myself.  Lol.  I changed the rock layout a little.  Everything is running good. (Knock on wood)...

IMG_20191021_143003239.jpg

IMG_20191021_143014520_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191011_155130156_HDR.jpg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Update... I've got an algae bloom happening.  Maybe diatoms.  It's ugly, but it'll run it's course.  The water parameters are looking good.  The tank is running good and the clownfish and shrimp are happy.

20191101_141454.jpg

• Like 2

Update... The algae bloom is calming down.  Hopefully its about done with it's cycle.  I got some turbo snails and they've been eating away at it.  I also got a green star polyp frag in the tank tonight.  Everything is doing well.  I did test the water from the bag of the green star polyps.  Crazy high nitrates and phosphates.  I was surprised by this.  I'm wondering if this is a real reading of their water or is it because it was in a bag for about 30 minutes during the drive home.  It also tested at 1.023 sg.  I've heard that's what most stores keep their water at.

20191108_183009.jpg

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Update... It's been awhile because the tank seems to be wanting to go through every possible cycle it can.  Lol.  The first issue was dinoflagellates I'm pretty sure.  I dosed hydrogen peroxide for a week and it went away.  Things were good for a couple weeks and now I think I have a diatom bloom.  I also noticed many copods moving around on the glass.  Everything seems to be doing great.  I've added 5 coral frags over the past weeks.  A Goniapora, green star polyps, torch coral, acan, and a red mushroom.  They are all looking really good and I've feed them all reef roids which they seem to really like.  My coral banded shrimp like to steal food for all of them, but he leaves some.  I've also got 8 turbo snails and 4 hermit crabs.  And a fromia star.  I'm amazed at how fast that star moves around the tank.  Here's a current pic.

20191204_091238.jpg

• Like 1