SaltCritters.com

AI Prime HD mounting

kwellens

I am getting a IM 25 Lagoon tank with 1 AI Prime HD light for soft corals and LPS.  For the AI Prime on this tank would gooseneck or regular bracket be best and, if gooseneck what size - 12 or 18 inches?

GetPsyched2124

I can't really speak for the bracket, but if you chose the goose neck, I'd suggest the 18 inch one. I have the 18 over my 20 cubey AIO. I don't think the 12 inch would work well over mine because the light would be too close to the water and i'd bump it a bunch if i need to work in the tank. If you factor the spread in inches over the tank, one has to remember that the few inches of the rear chamber doesn't need the light over it it so you'll want the light centered over just the display area. so the extra inches on the 18 really help it with that.

Food for thought:  I have the regular bracket on my 20 gallon and the main thing I don't like about it is that it's in a fixed position.  I'd recommend the gooseneck version so that you can easily move it out of the way during tank maintenance.