Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Waterbox 20 gal New Journey

Haacheew

Hello All,

Kinda new to Nano-Reef.com.  After years of long break, I am back to reefing.

Just set up the new Waterbox 20 gal Cube a week ago.  Going to try a bare bottom with a vinyl sheet of Florida Live Sand image (I called it "virtual live sand") placed at the exterior side of tank bottom.  Due to the light and water reflections, live sand image can ONLY be seen from the top view and about 70 degree sharp angle (standing by the tank).

- bare bottom (experimenting atm)

- 20 LB premium Fiji live rock

- AI Prime HD lighting

- modified CPR acrylic refugium (housing chaeto and sheet of Darice vinyl mesh served as algae scrubber)

- 1 bag SeaChem Purigen, small amount of active carbon, and Kent Marine phosphate absorbent, all placed in the first chamber of the Waterbox

- 1 LB ceramic bio balls (from Amazon), 80% placed in the second chamber of Waterbox; 20% in refigum

- AquaMaaxx NF-1 protein skimmer

- HDOM 264 gph stock return pump for main tank, and a 80gph tiny pump feeding the refigum

-  just bought a used MP-10 QDW powerhead from Nano-Reef member AlmondKC today

- bought $400+ worth of soft corals from Legendary Corals, https://www.legendary-corals.com/new-arrivals  should arrive this Tuesday

I am looking for a pair of designer grade Frostbite Clown Fish (any size, budget <$250).  Any online store recommended based on your Clown Fish purchase experience?)

Well, nice to meet you all.  Good day for now.

IMG_0059.JPG

IMG_0060.JPG

IMG_0061.JPG

IMG_0072.JPG

IMG_0103.JPG

IMG_0104.JPG

IMG_0106.JPG

DSCN0009.JPG

Edited by Haacheew
insert link
  • Like 4

Thank you.  Your Waterbox looks awesome and very motivating. 

Too bad that the "virtual live sand" can only be seen from top or in either very steep or low angles.

15 years ago I had a 75 gal tank with thick sand base.  It was a lot of work to keep it clean.  Here is an early old tank shot.

Old Tank.jpg

Edited by Haacheew
  • Like 3

Thank you :smilie: The Waterbox 7 is indeed a work-in-progress. I am not even 6 months in on that one, so perhaps a few more months to attain a decent stability level.

I agree! I believe if it is a nano-tank, sandbed is essential as it provides you with the right housing capability to host the beneficial bacteria. 

Yeah, but your idea looks interesting! It sure will turn out good.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Looking good! Can't wait to see what you do with this one!   :]

Bought some frags and Frostbite clown fish from Legendary Corals and Pacific East Aquaculture.  Re-aquascaped (reduced almost half of live rock from previous aquascape); need more space for coral placement.

IMG_0383.JPG

IMG_0384.JPG

IMG_0388.JPG

clown 03.JPG

clown 04.JPG

clown 05.JPG

• Like 2