Coral Vue Hydros

Dosing Aquavitro Fuel & Acropower

Nevvy

Hey Guys,

So I've been dosing Aquavitro Fuel and really like the coloration on the corals I get on my softies, but I just picked up some SPS corals. My question is would it be to much if I also dose Acropower into the tank as well with Aquavitro. I've upgraded to a Nuvo10 and dose 1ml every 3 days with Fuel. Will it be to much, If I also dose another 1ml of Acropower on top of the Fuel? 

What type of SPS did you get?  It's easy to dose too much, or too many products.  That said, I'm not aware of anything preventing you from dosing those two products.  I'd keep the dosages low and watch for unwanted effects.

I'm guessing that AcroPower would be more beneficial than Fuel.  Are you running a skimmer and are you monitoring nutrient levels?  SPS and softies don't always enjoy the same parameters.

Keep alkalinity (and calcium) stable.  Provide good lighting and good flow for your new SPS.  Good luck!

• Like 1

Hey, so I purchased a few SPS from a local  seller a Cherry Blossom Cyphastrea, Electric Lime Birdsnest,  Ponape Bird-nests, and a Digiata. 

Currently running a skimmer more wet skim, using Reef Glass pain the a** to dial for a more dry skim...

As far as parameters

Nitrates - 3ppm, CA - 500, KH - 9, Sality - 1.025, Temp - 77 F Phosphates - 0, PH - 8.1

Will keep updated and start a journal thread as soon as i get the filter lens this Friday for my phone camera 😁 Thanks for the reply! 

On 8/21/2019 at 8:13 AM, Nevvy said:

Hey Guys,

So I've been dosing Aquavitro Fuel and really like the coloration on the corals I get on my softies, but I just picked up some SPS corals. My question is would it be to much if I also dose Acropower into the tank as well with Aquavitro. I've upgraded to a Nuvo10 and dose 1ml every 3 days with Fuel. Will it be to much, If I also dose another 1ml of Acropower on top of the Fuel? 

SPS will benefit from the Fuel too. At this point it might be a good idea to stick with fuel only for awhile until the your sps frags get situated, say 3 months. Then start with Acropower and you'll be able to see if it makes a difference. 

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, xM3THODx said:

SPS will benefit from the Fuel too. At this point it might be a good idea to stick with fuel only for awhile until the your sps frags get situated, say 3 months. Then start with Acropower and you'll be able to see if it makes a difference. 

Thanks for the suggestion! I was about to stop dosing both as i noticed my water getting real dirty i.e more green hair algae growth. I’ll finish the fuel up and then dose Acropower as the frags get situated.

On 8/26/2019 at 11:02 AM, Nevvy said:

Thanks for the suggestion! I was about to stop dosing both as i noticed my water getting real dirty i.e more green hair algae growth. I’ll finish the fuel up and then dose Acropower as the frags get situated.

I'm with you: stop.

I could be wrong but I think one is a carbon source and one is an amino acid blend.  

If so, both are potentially useful but could also cause problems – a lot like any tool.  Use (only) as-needed.  

• Like 1