Innovative Marine Aquariums

Evo13.5 Stocking

ibob991

Hey guys,

I am not new to saltwater reefs, but this is my first nano build. I am curious what people's opinions are on the current stocking plan for my nano

Clownfish Pair

Firefish Goby Pair

Cleaner Shrimp

The clown pair is fine, not sure how well 2 firefish will do with them, they are skittish fish and clowns are the opposite.

3 fish really would be best.

1 hour ago, Clown79 said:

The clown pair is fine, not sure how well 2 firefish will do with them, they are skittish fish and clowns are the opposite.

3 fish really would be best.

Is this due to space in the tank or bioload? 

NaturallyKait

Personally in my evo I have a pair of clowns and a yellow clown goby. I wouldn’t want to have more fish than that in such a small tank. 

39 minutes ago, vision said:

I think it's a bit of both... Bioload is a factor but you have to consider your export. 

I have never managed a nano, but wouldn't water changes bi-weekly or even weekly maintain proper params?

3 minutes ago, NaturallyKait said:

Personally in my evo I have a pair of clowns and a yellow clown goby. I wouldn’t want to have more fish than that in such a small tank. 

Any reason why? 

NaturallyKait
4 minutes ago, ibob991 said:

I have never managed a nano, but wouldn't water changes bi-weekly or even weekly maintain proper params?

Any reason why? 

Limited space plus the bioload. The clowns will get aggressive as they get full sized and too many fish won’t help with that. 

15 minutes ago, NaturallyKait said:

Limited space plus the bioload. The clowns will get aggressive as they get full sized and too many fish won’t help with that. 

I will take this under advisement. but would love to hear from others personal experience.

3 hours ago, ibob991 said:

Is this due to space in the tank or bioload? 

Its many factors.

Bioload is one thing. Yes waterchanges can work but it may not, each system is different.

Another factor is real estate. the smaller the tank, the less territory. This can lead to more aggression between fish.

37 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

Its many factors.

Bioload is one thing. Yes waterchanges can work but it may not, each system is different.

Another factor is real estate. the smaller the tank, the less territory. This can lead to more aggression between fish.

Alright, I think I might settle for the firefish pair with a single clown as I can transfer that from my old tank being shut down. This seems the best possible outcome as that will be much lighter on the bioload.