inTank Media Baskets

RedSea LED

bennyd

Anyone happen to be using any of these yet? The information on them is kind of intriguing. And I'm currently in the market for a lighting upgrade. Also planning to use the new lights on a larger tank down the road. I currently have a 30g, but I do plan to purchase an IM 100 EXT eventually, not anytime soon, but eventually. 

I just thought that these RedSea LED's sounded pretty spectacular from the videos I've watched and the stuff I've read. No worrying about adjusting light intensity, just adjusting the lights for aesthetics as far as how blue or white you'd like it to be. To me it almost sounds like it wouldn't work that well, but I don't know an awful lot about LED's/Lighting in general. Sounds great but at the same time, it's kind of confusing. I know these things are designed and made with tons of research and development by professionals.

What are your guy's/gal's opinions on these things? Think they're worth it? 

LFS has them on a show tank, they had Radeons on prior to switching to the RedSea 50's. Color looks great.

I'd personally wait, but I jumped into using Primes when they first came out, haven't regretted that. 

Maybe give it a shot?

• Like 1

Yeah, it will be a while before I get a new light, I was just wondering about this RedSea. Looks really interesting. Thanks for the BRS video, I missed this.

• Like 1

I have a ReefLed 90, have had it set up over my nano for a couple of days. So far so good what I like about it is you can set it and forget it, you can customize it as you like but if you go out of parameters that will affect corals it will give you a warning.One downside is it requires internet for things like notifications I have it set up in my man cave( a closet in my master bedroom), my phone has weak internet in  there so I was having a ton of problems with connectivity, so I set it up in off line mode. There have been reports of the power block running very hot , my light did shut off like the 2nd day I had it for a couple of  seconds .Checked the block and it was quite hot I had it on top of my glass auto top off container so I think that might of affected it, moved it and have kept an eye on it an it is OK now.As with any new product I am sure there will be problems but its 2019 most will be fixable thru firmware updates.I have mine set with the daily 20,000 K setting w/ lunar cycle and it looks amazing.

• Like 1