AyeNick

Hi all, and hi to the Nuvo 10 community! For the past year or so, I've been wanting a reef of my own, and I'm now addicted.

I decided on the Innovative Marine Nuvo 10 for the compact size and transportability, given that I plan to take it to college eventually.

As of the moment I am writing this, I currently have put the rock and sand into the tank, after cycling the rock for about 3 weeks in a 5-gallon bucket using Fritz Turbo Start.

The sand is Fiji Pink, and the rocks are Walt Smith 2.1. 

I have the tank on the 10 gallon white JBJ Nano Cubey Stand, which looks really great with the tank.

Equipment List

IM Nuvo 10 Tank

10 Gallon White JBJ Nano Cubey Stand

AI Prime HD (modded AB+ settings)

Cobalt Neo-Therm 50 watt heater (best heater on the market)

Sicce Syncra .5 Return Pump

Vortech mp10wqd

inTank Media Basket (Running inTank filter floss, 2 chemi pure blue nano packets, and 1 marinepure cube)

Tunze Nano ATO 

(Not planning on running a skimmer, I'm running 4 MarinePure cubes in the second chamber)

Aquatic Life 100gpd RODI unit

Tropic Marin Pro Reef salt (mixes extremely fast)

Tank as of August 16, 2019. No light or ATO yet.

1.thumb.jpg.4c61416f722dbcdc0213f9c9811795d4.jpg

• Like 1

AyeNick

I cycled the rocks and MarinePure inside a 5-gallon bucket filled with saltwater from my LFS. I poured in half a bottle of Fritz Turbo Start 900 and dosed Dr. Tim's ammonia. 

I let it run with occasional bacterial boosts from a capful of FritzZyme 9.

Today I added salt and sand into the tank which was full of RODI water, and added the rocks and MarinePure cubes into their respective places. 

I poured in the remaining half of Fritz Turbo Start which was sitting in the fridge, and dosed just a little bit of ammonia. 

I have a Red Sea Marine Care test kit coming in the mail on tuesday so I'll post the results of the parameters then.

• Like 1

xM3THODx

Looks like your off to a great start! The tank looks perfect for the stand is sure to be a sweet little show reef.  Probably a little early to tell, but what do you see your tank stocked with?

AyeNick
17 hours ago, xM3THODx said:

Looks like your off to a great start! The tank looks perfect for the stand is sure to be a sweet little show reef.  Probably a little early to tell, but what do you see your tank stocked with?

Thanks so much! I think the stand with a white AI Prime would create a really clean, contemporary aesthetic. I see it getting stocked with 1 clown, not 2, since they would eventually grow out of the tank. I think I might also add another fish, maybe a goby, firefish, pink-streaked or tanaka's wrasse.

Christopher Marks

How's your new nano reef coming along @AyeNick?