inTank Media Baskets

stacking rocks

brianemone

gurrrrrrrrr

i hate stacking rocks

does anyone else feel like this?

i just moved my 13g to a slightly bigger tank becuase i needed a place to put my excess liverock

and it really annoys me cause i cant get it to look the way i want

AReeferIsExpensive

Its fun, its part of the art in reefing~

Why didnt you just throw the excess rock away?

It seems so much easier to aquascape AFTER You have a bunch of frags n stuff.........

i hate stacking rocks too. i find it easier to aquascape w/o frags, this way you don't accidently smash something or drop anything in a hole/crevice.

my advice is, hand pick your rock... and never order or buy if you can't see the shapes. it's all bout the shapes, and how they fit together like a puzzle...

but here's a couple tips: use large peices on bottom, middle-sized pieces for the middle, and for the top, try to make caves/holes using small "arched" pieces. if all your rocks look like potatoes, you can't do much about it, except try and break the more "hard to place" rocks into smaller pieces. with luck (and a hammer & chisel...) you will be able to break off pieces that will be easier to work with.

took me like 2 days of aquascaping to finally get the rocks the way i wanted. if you don't like it and you're fed up with how the rocks look, just take a break and try again later. it's tedious, and frikkin annoying. but you'll be glad that you spent time to carefully plan it once you have the rocks the way you want it. :)

P.S. don't forget epoxy when you're done aquascaping. this will reduce the risk of things tippin over and messing up your hard work :)

my advice is, hand pick your rock... and never order or buy if you can't see the shapes. it's all bout the shapes, and how they fit together like a puzzle...

hahahah

no worries about that,

in nz the only live rock you can get is from someone elses tank,

other wise its dead white stuff from the lfs.

i do need to get some epoxy to make something a little more interesting

Why didnt you just throw the excess rock away?

gold my friend, gold

it costs enough when its dead and its harder to get hold of that the yellow substance previously mentioned

i should correct myself and say i love aquascaping but i hate making the base

i got my stack of rocks just the way i wanted, then here come the frag, all on rockd that wont fit...... thats the only thing about getting frags on peices of LR rublle, you can never get them to stick. i might have to get some epoxy......

AReeferIsExpensive

when i first started stocking, i used some epoxy until i realized that NOTHING is permanent when you are constantly making additions and so its pointless~

Archived