Coral Vue Hydros

ai prime royal blue not working

xzmoorex

Hey everyone, new to the forum and joined because I always come here and figure it was time to make an account. I have an ai prime I bought second hand and it works pretty well. I recently added an sps to my 20g long tank and realized that my previous resources were wrong and it will be tricky to keep with just a single puck. Tinkering with my lighting settings I started noticing changing my royal blue channel did nothing. Upon further investigation, I realize that channel is not working at all. Does anyone have a solution to this? Or is my led for that channel burnt out? Can it be replaced? I was on the edge of upgrading to a 40g breeder, and obviously would need another light....but I need to solve this lighting issue, and feel confident about housing this coral before making further moves. I feel ashamed I made the purchase without doing my own research. Thanks!

I had sps in 24" tank under 1 Ai Prime.

Placement is important. You want the coral placed within 18" of the light.

Plan low/moderate light corals on the outside of 18". 

Not sure about the led. I'm sure theres a way to fix it. Hopefully someone who works with leds chimes in

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

I had sps in 24" tank under 1 Ai Prime.

Placement is important. You want the coral placed within 18" of the light.

Plan low/moderate light corals on the outside of 18". 

Not sure about the led. I'm sure theres a way to fix it. Hopefully someone who works with leds chimes in

You give me hope haha! I have a massive devils hand that pretty much sits top center which is where I’m thinking that sps should go. I just hate moving it cause it’s gonna lose the good flow. I suppose I could just change the flow a little as well

3 minutes ago, xzmoorex said:

You give me hope haha! I have a massive devils hand that pretty much sits top center which is where I’m thinking that sps should go. I just hate moving it cause it’s gonna lose the good flow. I suppose I could just change the flow a little as well

Devils hand soft coral? 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Clown79 said:

Devils hand soft coral? 

Yupp, might have a photo. It’s not fully open cause it was pissed a hermit was crawling on it

E5F48554-F279-4389-9682-D7647FDD043F.jpeg

• Like 1