Pod Your Reef

What is this? (Probably nothing)

Thetravelguy

Thetravelguy

So I’m probably being wayyy over cautious, I just want to be on my A-game in nasties prevention. Plus while my lfs is pretty decent I don’t 100% trust they wouldn’t sell me rock with nasties. Soooo

ive got these...globs? For lack of a better word? I have absolutely no life in this tank, it’s been up and running for under a week. They look like freshwater pest snail eggs (like the kind you’d find on plant leaves). And I’ve dealt my fair share with pest snails and I am not about that life, no no! Haha. 

So anyways, it’s likely absolutely nothing, I just wanted to make sure! 

Thanks! 

A4390930-6BAA-46CD-AD2D-3618EC4FF964.jpeg

29BC3410-43F9-4440-B33E-36DB778303DC.jpeg

Thetravelguy

Well my lfs has a sort of bin of “live” rock that’s really just the extra pieces they don’t use for frags or displays, but it’s connected to the main sw filtration system so it’s the same water as everything else. And it’s chhheappp. I opted for that instead of old dry rock because it cost the same and I hoped this could seed the tank. 

I can try try and get legitimate phots on my professional camera as opposed to my phone. 

• Like 1
Thetravelguy
7 hours ago, Clown79 said:

I've had similar white spots. They weren't soft, felt like grains. 

Nothing bad ever happened. Mostly occurred in my new tanks.

This is what I expected to hear but I’m still glad! 

Ill try try to get better pictures but in the meantime I don’t worry about them!

• Like 2