inTank Media Baskets

Aiptasia or no?

Josh&Sarah's Reef

Josh&Sarah's Reef

Greeting all! 

I have started adding some things to our new (4 weeks old) 10 gallon nano and found this little brownish guy.  I’m hoping it isn’t aiptasia but is seems like it definitely could be. The picture is zoomed heavily. It’s tiny and brownish.  That cave is maybe a dime size.  It just appeared today.  Thanks in advance for any help!

7A3C7F9D-8BD9-4AF5-9105-D94C8FEE0A2F.jpeg

7DB67B76-6CA6-40EF-B3F1-96CA48DE7FD9.jpeg

• Like 1
Josh&Sarah's Reef

Well boo...... All I have is 2 snails and a scarlet hermit so far.  We were debating between a peppermint shrimp or cleaner for our next fellow.... looks like this is natures way of helping us decide.  Thank you for your help!

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/13/2019 at 5:21 PM, Josh&Sarah's Reef said:

Well boo...... All I have is 2 snails and a scarlet hermit so far.  We were debating between a peppermint shrimp or cleaner for our next fellow.... looks like this is natures way of helping us decide.  Thank you for your help!

Did you get the pep shrimp?  Did it help with the aiptasia?

9 minutes ago, Txplicit said:

Did you get the pep shrimp?  Did it help with the aiptasia?

Not my tank but I started a tank with gulf live rock and it had quite a few aiptasia. It took the peppermint shrimp a week or so to start finding them but it did a great job eradicating them. After that just make sure to keep them fed well so they don't get a taste for coral polyps.