Cultivated Reef

puffer in 16g

embl05

Get at least a 30g for the smallest species that max out at 3 inches.

They are active intelligent fish and need room but also messy eaters and the larger water volumn will help when you feed clams and such.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, embl05 said:

As the titel, can i have a puffer in my 16g(60L) 60x30x30cm tank ?

Welcome to NR! 

Nobody can stop you from doing it but it's not advisable. 

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

please dont. thats way too small for any puffer species, even the 2-3 inch species. they are very intelligent fish, it would be like locking a dog in a small room for the rest of its life. if you absolutely must have puffers in that, convert to freshwater and get a single pea puffer.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

If you still want a puffer, freshwater pea puffers are fine in 10 gallons and up, as they're absolutely tiny. They are, of course, freshwater fish, and can be hard to feed, but they're cute little buggers. 

19 hours ago, Tired said:

If you still want a puffer, freshwater pea puffers are fine in 10 gallons and up, as they're absolutely tiny. They are, of course, freshwater fish, and can be hard to feed, but they're cute little buggers. 

Yeah i just got rid of my fresh to start with salt but it might be a 10g cube some day with pea puffers, Thanks!

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Tired said:

2 minutes ago, embl05 said:

Yeah i just got rid of my fresh to start with salt but it might be a 10g cube some day with pea puffers, Thanks!

Feeding is not so much of an issue as making sure the beak doesn't grow too much, cutting the beak on a fish that size is horrendous