Jump to content
Dirté Sanchez

Le Dirté Freshwater Glowfish Kingdom

Recommended Posts

Dirté Sanchez

Tetra 10g glass aqaurium

Started 5/26/2019

 

Equipment

Aqautop 40UV HOB filter

Air stone

Tetra Whisper 60g sir pump

Fluval 25W heater

Digital thermometer

 

Filter media

Aquatop 40UV HOB filter

Bio cubes

1/8 cup Seachem Phosgaurd

 

Substrate/Aquascape

black rock with colored gravel (it’s a kids tank)

glass round rocks (again, see above)

small grain black/white gravel 

sunken WWII battleship

tiki head

Broken barrel

 

Plants

Green wendtii x 3

Darker wendtii x 4

 

Livestock

Starfire Red Glowfish tetra

Electric Blue Glowfish tetra

Electruc Green Longfin Glowfish tetra

Koi angelfish

Hill loach

Cory catfish x 2

Clown loach

Blueberry shrimp x 2

Bloody Mary Shrimp

Red crystal shrimp

 

 

 

So we started this tank back in May and there have been MANY problems. Have lost all stock twice due to bad waster, first from using tap water and the bacterial issues and second from chemical media. So now we have basically no media but the bio cubes, phosguard and the filter that works in the pump. 

 

This crop of fish have been doing well, and the trick has been offloading them when they outgrow the tank into the koi pond. Been happy with this iteration of the tank so far.

 

Decided to finally make a thread here for advice and because I don’t keep up well with this tank, which is probably partly why it has suffered a bit more than my two SW tanks. 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez

Water parameters were the best they’ve ever been today, and I’m so happy to finally have this tank coming along!! We’ve struggled so hard getting it on its feet. Everybody has been looking good in there!

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez

Went ahead with a quick small water change today, rather than waiting until tomorrow. Tank is looking good, but the tetras are all being jerks to each other. Problem stems mostly from the electric blue one who seems to think the center of the tank is ALL HIS. He went after the angelfish, who chased him right back into a corner. Then he went after the green tetra who also chased him off. So, have to watch them to make sure someone doesn't have to make the trip to the pond.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez

Water parameters all good today!! No need for a big water change and can just add in to help with evap. Ordered a new glass lid that I hope fits (I think it will), a new light bulb for plant growth and a gooseneck fixture to hold it. Hope to keep this tank rolling along!!

 

IMG_4278.thumb.jpeg.b4ed8d5ad68dddd6a56083a40a390d12.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez

Tank is doing so good for now!! Put in a new glass lid so I could mount a plant light over the top. It mostly fit- had to trim the plastic a tiny bit to accommodate the HOB, heater and tubing. But now it works pretty well. Light gooseneck is mounted, bulb arrives tomorrow! Hope to get some good plant growth.

 

3AA9F2E9-8A9B-4031-ADFA-CED80C380988.thumb.jpeg.5089a0cf7011dd100a1096794767c640.jpeg

 

 

EF3D2F66-A836-4977-BB38-5F379D498A2A.thumb.jpeg.0a2a7021b3d28e18f4476ac891e977cc.jpeg

 

82527B5F-DCC0-45C3-A732-5034E15A7F95.thumb.jpeg.ea47acb3aaf03dbf9718fb652698c5b1.jpeg

 

0D0DB0F3-94CC-4932-8A42-FB75CEB877EA.thumb.jpeg.18357287b76884f9b7efc8bbbb51e4cf.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
2 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Tank is doing so good for now!! Put in a new glass lid so I could mount a plant light over the top. It mostly fit- had to trim the plastic a tiny bit to accommodate the HOB, heater and tubing. But now it works pretty well. Light gooseneck is mounted, bulb arrives tomorrow! Hope to get some good plant growth.

 

3AA9F2E9-8A9B-4031-ADFA-CED80C380988.thumb.jpeg.5089a0cf7011dd100a1096794767c640.jpeg

 

 

EF3D2F66-A836-4977-BB38-5F379D498A2A.thumb.jpeg.0a2a7021b3d28e18f4476ac891e977cc.jpeg

 

82527B5F-DCC0-45C3-A732-5034E15A7F95.thumb.jpeg.ea47acb3aaf03dbf9718fb652698c5b1.jpeg

 

0D0DB0F3-94CC-4932-8A42-FB75CEB877EA.thumb.jpeg.18357287b76884f9b7efc8bbbb51e4cf.jpeg

Water looks nice and clear. 😊

 

I love all kinds of loaches, especially kuhli loaches. The sad part is I would rarely see them. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez
1 hour ago, WV Reefer said:

Water looks nice and clear. 😊

 

I love all kinds of loaches, especially kuhli loaches. The sad part is I would rarely see them. 

The hill loach is almost always out, even chases the corys if they get on his annoyed side. But the clown loach--never see him. He's living inside the battleship and I can't see all up in there. I have no idea where the stupid shrimps are that I've put in there too-- they miraculously and mind-mind-blowingly appear whenever I do a 100% water change and at no other time. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
7 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

The hill loach is almost always out, even chases the corys if they get on his annoyed side. But the clown loach--never see him. He's living inside the battleship and I can't see all up in there. I have no idea where the stupid shrimps are that I've put in there too-- they miraculously and mind-mind-blowingly appear whenever I do a 100% water change and at no other time. 

That clown loach will show up one day bigger than that ship. 😄

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez
10 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

That clown loach will show up one day bigger than that ship. 😄

And then it'll be off to the pond for him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...