inTank Media Baskets

Le Dirté Freshwater 10g Planted Tank and 110g Koi Pond

ECLS Reefer

As a side note, they actually make teeny weeny voodoo dolls now that are kinda cute and single purpose.. I got one for my husband that says “I love my job!” To remind him not to lose his mind at work. 

49C2D545-F832-4F09-94E4-49891CEED646.png

• Like 1
Just now, Dirté Sanchez said:

As a side note, they actually make teeny weeny voodoo dolls now that are kinda cute and single purpose.. I got one for my husband that says “I love my job!” To remind him not to lose his mind at work. 

49C2D545-F832-4F09-94E4-49891CEED646.png

I have one hanging in my car......... it’s a witch. 😁

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I have one hanging in my car......... it’s a witch. 😁

I have the nurse one, of course. I got the boys the “son” one, but I just saw they have one about “making you the best brother” possible- May need to buy a bushel of those.

• Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Tank is looking great these days and I have been having a small nerita snailsplosion. Lots of baby plain neritas in there! I like having a self renewing resource. 

IMG_5161.thumb.jpeg.53a0a67e44022fa2e364129c124e40db.jpeg

Cory cat

IMG_5160.thumb.jpeg.d5c3e38f1be4149112890f71084f2c93.jpeg

Hill loach

IMG_5157.thumb.jpeg.59329fdb7f8fc9393046690f61aae2b3.jpeg

FTS

IMG_5164.thumb.jpeg.dcb918f64e2b979950222552a9de6aa5.jpeg

Clown loach is getting more friendly, or maybe outgrowing the hull of the fake battleship?

IMG_5164.thumb.jpeg.dcb918f64e2b979950222552a9de6aa5.jpeg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

The clown loach has been more visible, out swimming lately! He’s really in there. 

Also, to make the tetra police happy there’s a new little orange Glowfish. I’m thinking the big fat angel may have to trade up soon.

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Fish have been doing well, as evidenced by the enormously fat koi angel. They've all been getting along and I'm seeing good plant growth lately, which is promising. Have been using Seachem Flourish Advanced and it seems to really be doing a good job with the plant growth.

IMG_5703.thumb.jpeg.3c368407361e090c45132edff4a87b3b.jpegIMG_5702.thumb.jpeg.daa5b7f35cc24f17ad7745c6dceecc9d.jpegIMG_5698.thumb.jpeg.f88e2b0f9ff9a2ace331de930113f5bf.jpegIMG_5695.thumb.jpeg.c6970240ab3e685a06761241a7b9bb43.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Wow 1
  • 5 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Fish are all doing well and getting obese. 🤭

Who you calling fat...........................didnt we have this discussion already..............its pleasantly plump..................

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
19 minutes ago, spectra said:

Who you calling fat...........................didnt we have this discussion already..............its pleasantly plump..................

No I think Mr Koi Angel is super faaaat. He’s so plump his poor face even looks like Fat Bastard. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Wow 1
45 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Super sneaky clown loach came out today, soon as the plant light was turned off. 

I cant see it as the other fish are glowing...........................

• Haha 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Freshwater tank is plugging along with good plant growth. Fish are all happy and doing well. Put a new background on the tank today. Not sure it was needed but doesn’t take away from it at least. 

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

Haven’t updated this tank in a long time, but it’s doing really well! I change the water and siphon the gravel about once a month or maybe two.... gonna have to rehome the clown loach and koi angel soon. If the weather will stay fairly warm should be no

problem acclimating then to the pond.

• Like 3

I’ve got some babies on the way!! I hear possibly Cory cat eggs, which would be super useful. Aside from the Glowfish which are possibly sterile from all the dye I’m sure they’re given to make them glow, there’s only the Cory cats paired. So excited to see

this little tank doing well after it gave me so much trouble at first. 

036B59EC-0F0E-458B-BCB8-E6008C747636.jpeg

986294D0-6BA6-4E3B-B2B8-68D112F8D336.jpeg

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

So cool!! Didn't know you had a thread for this tank!!

Oh yeah but I hardly ever update it. I’m a bad fish mom and need to move the koi angelfish to the pond. May need to get another heater first. 

• Like 2
ECLS Reefer

So, I moved the obese koi angel fish to the heated pond yesterday. Of course today it's 70 degrees and will be in the 80s this week, so the heater probably wasn't super necessary. But definitely wanted to make sure he adapted well. 

The almost 8 year old owner of the glowfish tank decided on a koi betta which he's been wanting for ages. He picked out a really pretty one, who's already chosen the end of the tank with the plants. "Tex" looks good in there.

Clowny the red tip clown loach is probably almost 3 inches long now. He will be the next to head for the pond, but by then it should be warm all the time. Next year I'll probably get a second heater for the other end so that it stays nice and warm for him and the angelfish.

• Like 3
ECLS Reefer

So had to make a keep the 7/almost 8 year old happy purchase today, by means of a baby marble angel. The big koi angel who moved to the pond had developed swim

bladder problems and is currently upside down in an isolation bucket. Not sure if he’s gonna make it; gonna get a TB syringe at work tomorrow to see if I can drain the bladder and help him out. 

Tex the koi betta is doing well in there especially loving the plants. Glad everyone is getting along.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
ECLS Reefer

The two new guys, Tex the koi betta and Dark Angel the marbled angel, are doing super well. Cleaned the HOB out real well today and topped off the water. 

• Like 2
  • ECLS Reefer changed the title to Le Dirté Freshwater 10g Planted Tank and 110g Koi Pond