Innovative Marine Aquariums

Le Dirté Freshwater 10g Planted Tank and 110g Koi Pond

ECLS Reefer

Gonna keep on keeping on with what I'm currently doing. Also, the neritas have had two babies, unfortunately just plain brown but still, I'll take reproducing snails any day.

IMG_4763.thumb.jpeg.80745f8d803fbb16700ff73e33b472ae.jpegIMG_4762.thumb.jpeg.d779390bcd8578e465500e41cf80e323.jpegIMG_4761.thumb.jpeg.b0bc6291a9ccbe800c430d85d72b72a5.jpegIMG_4760.thumb.jpeg.4e7f269fbc047215ed85ac4c28031543.jpeg 

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Gonna keep on keeping on with what I'm currently doing. Also, the neritas have had two babies, unfortunately just plain brown but still, I'll take reproducing snails any day.

IMG_4763.thumb.jpeg.80745f8d803fbb16700ff73e33b472ae.jpegIMG_4762.thumb.jpeg.d779390bcd8578e465500e41cf80e323.jpegIMG_4761.thumb.jpeg.b0bc6291a9ccbe800c430d85d72b72a5.jpegIMG_4760.thumb.jpeg.4e7f269fbc047215ed85ac4c28031543.jpeg 

Nerites are good hard working snails. 

• Like 2
Just now, WV Reefer said:

Nerites are good hard working snails. 

Oh yes, and quick too. I've watched them go from one side of the tank to the other in seconds. I hope they keep on breeding.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, spectra said:

Ok havent you ever watched the Brady Bunch..................:unsure: get rid of the Tiki and all will be right in the aquarium...............:lol:

Again, everything in that stupid tank is the 7 year old's. If only he'd do all the work taking care of it too, my life would be easier! He's had to remove some stuff like the little Mario crayon castle and a church. He's very eclectic. But if the tank disappeared tomorrow, I wouldn't mourn for it. It would shatter the peace in the house though and that comes at a premium these days.

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, spectra said:

Ok havent you ever watched the Brady Bunch..................:unsure: get rid of the Tiki and all will be right in the aquarium...............:lol:

:eek:

• Wow 1

What you never watched the brady bunch.................

I sure didn't. I had no interest in Marsha Marsha Marsha. My mom made me watch CHiPs, Charlie's Angels, Scarecrow and Mrs King, Matlock and such. Brady Bunch was annoying.

1 minute ago, WV Reefer said:

I was thinking of the big spider that comes. 😬

Ugh if there's a big spider involved then definitely not watching.

tenor-126977165.gif.e8f3f6f3e98c79cad870a4b979c699ce.gif

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2
10 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I was thinking of the big spider that comes. 😬

This one...................

image.png.3d54793ad30bd36aef16bdf145c46d7f.png

8 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

I sure didn't. I had no interest in Marsha Marsha Marsha. My mom made me watch CHiPs, Charlie's Angels, Scarecrow and Mrs King, Matlock and such. Brady Bunch was annoying.

Ugh if there's a big spider involved then definitely not watching.

tenor-126977165.gif.e8f3f6f3e98c79cad870a4b979c699ce.gif

Wow................... so no gilligans island either.................

you led a sheltered life I tell ya :lol:

• Haha 4
3 minutes ago, spectra said:

This one...................

image.png.3d54793ad30bd36aef16bdf145c46d7f.png

Wow................... so no gilligans island either.................

you led a sheltered life I tell ya :lol:

Oh, no I watched Gilligan's Island. And basically every John Wayne movie, all the Cary Grants.... my parents are products of WWII and sticks in the mud. 

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Oh, no I watched Gilligan's Island. And basically every John Wayne movie, all the Cary Grants.... my parents are products of WWII and sticks in the mud. 

Ok then why no BB.....................

Hell BB was a staple in the 70s..............oh wait you werent born yet :lol: ####ing kids...............:tongueout:

• Haha 3
7 minutes ago, spectra said:

Ok then why no BB.....................

Hell BB was a staple in the 70s..............oh wait you werent born yet :lol: ####ing kids...............:tongueout:

Um, exactly. The very ass end of Generation X. I refuse to belong to Millennials. 

Oh and M.A.S.H. Though my parents were conflicted on that one. They like the humor but not the anti-government and anti-war bitterness. 

I freaking love M.A.S.H. Very witty and well thought out humor, plus more real world medical stuff than you get on today’s medical drama crap.

• Like 3
Just now, spectra said:

Show this to the boy maybe it can work in there.............

image.thumb.png.4960dd9a88fc3a34fbdcf7a277286bb5.png

I saw that today somewhere! I won’t let my kids watch SpongeBob- it will seriously rot your brain right out of your head. Not to mention it has some very adult content if you’re ever forced to watch it, which I frequently am at work. All my patients are hooked on that stupid show just like there hooked on their meds.

• Haha 4
3 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

I saw that today somewhere! I won’t let my kids watch SpongeBob- it will seriously rot your brain right out of your head. Not to mention it has some very adult content if you’re ever forced to watch it, which I frequently am at work. All my patients are hooked on that stupid show just like there hooked on their meds.

I liked SB.................meds not so much.............pain pills just plug you up :lol: I like to shit regularly................

I had one of those machines to give me meds when I was in the hospital................well after 3 days they took it away :lol: dr says you only used it once...............well had to try it out............

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I liked SB.................meds not so much.............pain pills just plug you up :lol: I like to shit regularly................

I had one of those machines to give me meds when I was in the hospital................well after 3 days they took it away :lol: dr says you only used it once...............well had to try it out............

We do that all the time- I hate PCAs. For starters in pediatrics they’re not patient controlled they’re nurse/parent/adult controlled. But otherwise they end up being a pain in the butt since they’re locked down like Fort Knox and then most of the time get wasted in large quantities. I’d rather just pull doses out of the dispenser and give them than have that dumb pump in the room.

Goddamn, where to start on the mis-information here. Lets start with the pond, it's fine, they breed a metric shittonne of koi in Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia, guess what the temps are there most of the year? Yep, you guessed it it's f*cking tropical. I don't like to see koi get down below 55 degrees. In the fall you need to switch to the fall foods that are lower in protein. Set your heater down to 70 degrees too.

Angelfish, I used to breed them in a 10g tank, I checked with the local breeders and guess what? they STILL breed them in 10g tanks. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!! I personally wouldn't put them out in a pond.

Black widow tetras are just fine as singles, some fish like Cardinal tetras, Glass catfish and Neon tetras need to be in a school. Will the Black Widows do better in a school, maybe, but I had one that lived by himself when I was a kid for 4 years before I headed off to dispose of communist personnel. The lady across the street had 1 that lived with 4 Glass cats, an Angel, RT Black shark and Chinese Algae eater for years, I know that damn shark was at least 10 years old.

Clown loaches grow arduously slow so you'll know when it's time to trade him in or upgrade tanks. Those are another one that people always say ZOMG MUST TO BE IN SCHOOLS, but mine has been hanging with the Glass cats so WTF ever. Again, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Too many people try to fix shit until it's broken.

• Like 4

Added a new secondary pump and fountain with light to the koi pond today for aeration and flair. This group of baby koi with two shebunkins are not friendly yet and I have a hard time finding them all since they are still hiding in the shelter areas. But at some point they'll start putting on the pounds and we will up the pond size for them. 

IMG_4896.thumb.jpeg.d06f4f5da56da16c8f5dc1ccefd58103.jpeg

IMG_4901.thumb.jpeg.bb55ba6539c2f6aace488ee722fb0d8c.jpeg

WHUT lady?

IMG_4904.thumb.jpeg.d9114213c4acc5a0f1b5901519140305.jpeg

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Added a new secondary pump and fountain with light to the koi pond today for aeration and flair. This group of baby koi with two shebunkins are not friendly yet and I have a hard time finding them all since they are still hiding in the shelter areas. But at some point they'll start putting on the pounds and we will up the pond size for them. 

IMG_4896.thumb.jpeg.d06f4f5da56da16c8f5dc1ccefd58103.jpeg

IMG_4901.thumb.jpeg.bb55ba6539c2f6aace488ee722fb0d8c.jpeg

WHUT lady?

IMG_4904.thumb.jpeg.d9114213c4acc5a0f1b5901519140305.jpeg

I miss my pond. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I miss my pond. 

I like it. I can't wait to expand it and make it deeper. Just will be a lot of work and a lot of whining from the husband since he won't pay someone to come help. 

• Like 3
  • ECLS Reefer changed the title to Le Dirté Freshwater 10g Planted Tank and 110g Koi Pond