Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Chasing corals

Melfy77

Couesfanatic

Yes, its very biased and centered on a specific time frame. Although it makes a few good points. Was fun to watch from the coral side, even though the show was very political. 

• Wow 1
  • 2 months later...
On 8/12/2019 at 11:39 PM, Couesfanatic said:

Yes, its very biased and centered on a specific time frame. Although it makes a few good points. Was fun to watch from the coral side, even though the show was very political. 

That was the whole point of the movie.  

I'm no movie historian, but they claimed that up to then nobody has been able to make a movie about that specific time frame where a reef (or set of reefs) was in the act of bleaching.

Whether it was political....I didn't see anything that looked like that.  Just looked like being a dedicated witness to me.

I'd say if politics was there it was easy enough to miss or at least forget.  

The movie seemed impassioned though for sure.....and absolutely biased, but in a way I'd hope we all appreciate.

It struck me how the corals in the movie looked A LOT like some corals in our tanks.....made me realize that we really have no idea what "happy" looks like in a coral.  ...and that we have lots of assumptions about that topic.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, mcarroll said:

That was the whole point of the movie.  

I'm no movie historian, but they claimed that up to then nobody has been able to make a movie about that specific time frame where a reef (or set of reefs) was in the act of bleaching.

Whether it was political....I didn't see anything that looked like that.  Just looked like being a dedicated witness to me.

I'd say if politics was there it was easy enough to miss or at least forget.  

The movie seemed impassioned though for sure.....and absolutely biased, but in a way I'd hope we all appreciate.

It struck me how the corals in the movie looked A LOT like some corals in our tanks.....made me realize that we really have no idea what "happy" looks like in a coral.  ...and that we have lots of assumptions about that topic.

Ya it was biased, depends on which side of the coin(beliefs of facts to personal beliefs) you are on.

Do I believe humans and the evolution of our lifestyles has played a major factor- absolutely.

Thousands of yrs ago when we had things happen to the Earth, it was caused by nature.

Now it's being caused by us. The outcome and effects will be different.

That's the great debate of course.   The thing is the Earth has been changing and adapting all along.

I'm not drawing conclusions tho.  The edifying part was that THIS IS HAPPENING.