Tamberav

Just an FYI: Live Aquaria now only offers store credit for Aquatic Life

Tamberav
31 minutes ago, devaji108 said:

oh good to know. I was excited about them but maybe just stick to L.A? we shall see. they do get in more wrasses than LA.   wish I had a LFS around that was not 150+ miles each way.    

when I started out reefing 10+ years ago I only ordered form saltwaterfish.com have not in many many years. can anyone?

I think just shop around for who has what deals going and how 'hardy' the fish are you are ordering. Saltwaterfish.com, fishy biz, bluezoo, LA, are all fairly similar. As long as they all pack well, it is mostly the same quality fish. The exception is Divers Den ofc. Blue Zoo also has a WYSIWYG section. 

The main difference now is shipping cost, vs whats in stock, vs guarantee, and whats on sale, what is in stock... etc. 

Other notable places are: Reef Beauties and NYAquatic....

off-topic: noticed NYAquatic has flaming prawn gobies for $60 🔥

• Like 2

devaji108
3 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

I think just shop around for who has what deals going and how 'hardy' the fish are you are ordering. Saltwaterfish.com, fishy biz, bluezoo, LA, are all fairly similar. As long as they all pack well, it is mostly the same quality fish. The exception is Divers Den ofc. Blue Zoo also has a WYSIWYG section. 

The main difference now is shipping cost, vs whats in stock, vs guarantee, and whats on sale, what is in stock... etc. 

Other notable places are: Reef Beauties and NYAquatic....

off-topic: noticed NYAquatic has flaming prawn gobies for $60 🔥

yeah i have heard good thing about NYAqutics was drolling over a majestic angel for the large tank there awhile back. I thought blue zoo was not a good  place to shop? maybe I am thinking of something else. 

i'll look in to reef beauties never heard of them.

but yeah it's all about what is in stock, shipping and there CS I have always had good CS with LA.

maybe I can call them can tell them what I am looking for and they might be able to get it in?       

Thrassian Atoll

I have been hearing mixed reviews about NYaquatic.  They have been however one of the few places with Red Sea regal angels in stock a lot, so I may try them out in the future when I am ready to purchase one.

devaji108
9 minutes ago, TILTON said:

I have been hearing mixed reviews about NYaquatic.  They have been however one of the few places with Red Sea regal angels in stock a lot, so I may try them out in the future when I am ready to purchase one.

yup there RS regal I have been drolling over. they often have them in stock and they say they eat? would love to get one too. just not sure I want to risk it with a tank full of LPS tho...one of my all time favs.    

Thrassian Atoll
18 minutes ago, devaji108 said:

yup there RS regal I have been drolling over. they often have them in stock and they say they eat? would love to get one too. just not sure I want to risk it with a tank full of LPS tho...one of my all time favs.    

Yeah, that’s the big thing.  It’s definitely a SPS dominant fish.  I’ll have to get rid of my acans for sure but I heard they aren’t fans of euphyllia, so my hammers should be good.  The only thing I really want that they pick on is a clam someday.