Cultivated Reef

2 tanks on 1 APex?

devaji108

wondering if you guys/gals out there run 2 tanks with 1 apex?

I ordered a new nano yesterday and got me thinking about safety and such I would like to controller the heater and maybe the ATO time out just in case it fells.

I do have an apex but that will be on the bigger tank and the nano will be a couch side tank. 

so I am wondering if I should spend the $$ on apex gear or keep it simple and go with a inkbird or such?

would be nice to have full controllability but from very little research i have done means lots of $$ and wires...so anyone here monitor 2 tank with 1 apex??  

It can certainly be done, you just need to invest in more probes and modules and control bars.

I would do it but I don't want wires running all over the house. Might be worth if if the tanks are next to each other.

That being said, my tanks with no apex run just as smooth if not smoother than the apex tank. 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

It can certainly be done, you just need to invest in more probes and modules and control bars.

I would do it but I don't want wires running all over the house. Might be worth if if the tanks are next to each other.

That being said, my tanks with no apex run just as smooth if not smoother than the apex tank. 

yeah the wires are kinda a deal breaker. but maybe after we move in a few months  I might be able to hide the wire under the couch.

i understand why they did not go wireless but sure does suck, limits the use of the Apex IMHO there solution from the video I just watched was to but a new apex..haha I do love fusion  but who wants to spend another $500 on a apex lite.    

• 2 months later...