Innovative Marine Aquariums

Any reputable service for feeding fish while away in Bay Area?

DaVinciClown

DaVinciClown

Anybody know of a service to just come and feed the fish every other day for 1 week?  I have an ATO so there should be no other needed maintenance. Will do water change prior to leaving. Fish don’t seem to react to food as consistently from auto feeder.  We live in the Bay Area.  Thanks!

Your fish will likely be fine (although hungry) if left for a week without food.

That said, a neighbor, friend, relative, or fellow member of a local reef club (that you trust) would be a good choice.  You might check with your local fish store (they often offer maintenance services).  Even someone who would let your dog out while you are away should be able to feed pre-portioned meals.

that_one_brodie

What I do is put pre-portioned TDO pellets in a pill container that's split into 7 days. From there I just hand it to whoever is going to feed the fish. This way you can ask a friend to feed the fish and there's no way they can overfeed. 

• 2 months later...
On 8/7/2019 at 4:13 PM, DaVinciClown said:

Anybody know of a service to just come and feed the fish every other day for 1 week?  I have an ATO so there should be no other needed maintenance. Will do water change prior to leaving. Fish don’t seem to react to food as consistently from auto feeder.  We live in the Bay Area.  Thanks!

For me I'd automate the food since you already have that (would not add a brand new autofeeder right before going out of town tho) and I'd only have someone stop by to make sure everything is ON and no equipment has FAILED.