Top Shelf Aquatics

Dinos/diatoms

scrappy34

NSReefer902
6 hours ago, seabass said:

Not sure. :unsure:  Does it clear during lights out?  It doesn't look that terribly awful.

No it doesn’t, it’s all still there...

@Clown79 I tried the jar test and it doesn’t seem to be grouping up or anything 

thanks for the help guys

3 hours ago, NSReefer902 said:

it doesn’t seem to be grouping up

That's good.  Some good maintenance is often enough to beat cyano.  If still having problems with red slime, Chemiclean can be used to help.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, NSReefer902 said:

No it doesn’t, it’s all still there...

@Clown79 I tried the jar test and it doesn’t seem to be grouping up or anything 

thanks for the help guys

That's good! 

I did the test and within in a few hours, I had strings of floating algae just like the pic from the link.

Dino's also do the same thing in the bucket of waterchange water. The detritus and sand will sink to the bottom while the dino's float around in stringy clumps 

• Like 2
NSReefer902
1 hour ago, Clown79 said:

That's good! 

I did the test and within in a few hours, I had strings of floating algae just like the pic from the link.

Dino's also do the same thing in the bucket of waterchange water. The detritus and sand will sink to the bottom while the dino's float around in stringy clumps 

Okay that’s good to know because I sucked a bunch up and everything stayed/settled on the bottom. Thanks again guys! I’m gonna try and clean some more of it out of the sand bed and see how it goes. I might have just let my tank get a little dirtier than I should of by the end of my cycle. So I’ll try upping my cleaning/ water changes a bit and see what happens. I was just waiting for nitrates to hit 10 before doing any water changes 

@NSReefer902If you eliminate the conditions favoring dino's they'll go away....you don't have much even if that is what you have.

Elevate phosphates to at least 0.10 ppm and it may go away in just a few days....sometimes that's all it takes.

• Like 2
NSReefer902
4 minutes ago, mcarroll said:

@NSReefer902If you eliminate the conditions favoring dino's they'll go away....you don't have much even if that is what you have.

Elevate phosphates to at least 0.10 ppm and it may go away in just a few days....sometimes that's all it takes.

Thanks!