Coral Vue Hydros

Identify anemone

El_Guapo0013

El_Guapo0013

So I noticed this little anemone hiding out in the back of my tank where I could barely see its tentacles sticking outta the sand. I decided to dig him out and move him to the opposite side where I could get a good look at him. He is currently attached to a piece of broken shell. He doesn't match any pictures of eithrt of the two common pest anemones (aiptasia and majano), so I am really hoping someone can help me figure out what the little guy is. He is maybe about 1cm to 2cm in diameter at the moment. Also. The tank is currently in moonlight mode, so I had to turn the flash on to get a clear picture of him, which in turn makes him seem lighter and more translucent than when the daytime light is on.

20190805_221252.jpg

20190805_221136.jpg

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

I have an aptasia in my tank, it does not look anything like this. Could you possibly get a better picture? One with the daylights on perhaps?

• Like 1
El_Guapo0013

Guess I should post an update. I wound up removing the little guy and throwing him away. I did eventually also find the picture of the Aiptasia Couchii on Google after scrolling through hundreds of pics, so that encouraged me to get rid of him before he became a real problem. So problem solved for the time being. Now if only I could successfully keep all these upside down jellyfish ephyra alive long enough to become mature jellies so I can put one or two in my unused tank...

• Like 2