Pod Your Reef

20g frag or lagoon tank

This guy is extra salty

This guy is extra salty

Well I have four pieces of .380 acrylic  and a piece of 1/2in I’m going to use as the bottom of the tank. I’m at sort of a dilemma, the ole lady wants “moar fish” but I have to wait until the contest is over to setup this and or a new tank. 

Ok ok back to the build. I’m  planning on a lagoon style that would be plumbed into the existing 160g. It will be eurobraced cause I’m not wanting to use .75 acrylic for a 20g rimless (it’s expensive)

any thoughts? 

On 8/5/2019 at 8:58 PM, This guy is extra salty said:

the ole lady wants “moar fish” 

Sounds like someone is pretty lucky, I think most would dream of a spouse whose as into the hobby as we are, or atleast close enough lol 

I'm struggling to find a question to be answered in your post and maybe I'm missing the obvious. I'd say if you don't mind the extra maintenance (which would be minimal) go for the extra fish route. You could still do a frag setup and put a utility fish in there for algae control.

This guy is extra salty

I have considered that. But have been eyeing a low flow lagoon maybe a macro tank . But my real question or dilemma is making the 20g into an AIO or not.

But I already have a frag tank the ole lady isn’t fond of it. 🤦‍♂️

C64C9CF8-90EE-4F09-BCF1-1B18F04EE443.thumb.jpeg.641a50d7ccecab191a157cec305f3d96.jpeg

• Like 1
This guy is extra salty

I have decided the route I’m going to take with this 20g lagoon. I’m going to attempt a outdoor mangrove lagoon. Obviously since it’s summer I’ll have a chiller for it and winter maybe have an 800w heater? (I haven’t decided if I should tear down for winter) I believe a 1/4hp will do fine given the temperatures it will be like 90degrees and the unit will be in shade. The tank on the other hand will get southern facing sun. Will probably need a lid of some sort to avoid extra foliage and rainwater diluting the salinity.. 

• Like 1