ReefCleaners.org

Innovative Marine Fusion 20 canopy

chansman

Has anyone ever made a canopy for their IM? My wife is having issues with the LED's shimmering off the water and it's triggering migraines. Is their a better idea other than a canopy?

thx

I have been considering making one for mine.  I made a prototype out of cardboard just to try it out for a while.  It worked really well for the light spill/shimmer and really put more focus on the tank.  When I have more I will start gathering materials to make a more permanent canopy.

12 hours ago, JCarpenter4 said:

What LED's are you using? Could try getting some diffusers to help out with the shimmer.

For me its more of a problem of where my tank is, not really the light itself.  The tank is in my main living room and sits up high.  The top of the tank is at around 4.5 feet from the floor, the light is about 6 inches above the tank.  Its fine for normal viewing, but when I sit on the couch at night to watch a little tv, the light becomes annoying.

• 1 month later...

I’m having a similar issue with 20g Nuvo Fusion. I’m using a Kessil 160 and may add a second 160.

On 8/4/2019 at 6:58 PM, legomaniac said:

I have been considering making one for mine.  I made a prototype out of cardboard just to try it out for a while.  It worked really well for the light spill/shimmer and really put more focus on the tank.  When I have more I will start gathering materials to make a more permanent canopy.

Do you have any information on your design. I would like to use it or tweak it for my needs.

I plan to go to a plastic store to get it made or the pieces cut.

Anyone else have a design?

Thanks