Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Liz's Waterbox 70.3

Elizabeth94

Elizabeth94

Well here they are after maybe 3mins of adding. The stick to the left was a freebie. Im thinking its a their “The thing” Anacropora? The tenuis in the middle is super pale from shipping. The tort is bigger than I expected. Mushroom is a pretty pink. 

D9B3F16E-2538-4F39-8E78-96AC5516EE69.jpeg

D63F1E88-E742-417A-B9DA-216ACC277D8B.jpeg

• Like 2
Elizabeth94

Starting to open up. This is my first alvepora I actually really like it. So simple but pretty. Also realizing that I am adding sticks when I wanted this to be a low maintenance softy lps tank. Eh well see how it goes. 

016959D7-AFB4-4BBD-8D4A-D7E761245A36.thumb.jpeg.505a524cc730ac684e5cf5ef498b3650.jpeg

• Wow 1
  • 4 weeks later...
Elizabeth94

Hope you all are doing good and being safe!

It has been gloomy and depressing for sure lately. Being stuck inside is keeping me busy with the tank. Its sucking up alk faster after my recent additions.  BUT

I just won the BRS giveaway!!  

Ill be getting a GHL doser so help me keep up. Im psyched. I have purchased pretty much everything from them, such a great company imo. So maybe in the next month Ill get another order for corals, because hand dosing stinks for this tank! 

Hope you all are well

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
Thrassian Atoll
3 hours ago, Elizabeth94 said:

It has been gloomy and depressing for sure lately. Being stuck inside is keeping me busy with the tank. Its sucking up alk faster after my recent additions.  BUT

Ill be getting a GHL doser so help me keep up. Im psyched. I have purchased pretty much everything from them, such a great company imo. So maybe in the next month Ill get another order for corals, because hand dosing stinks for this tank! 

Hope you all are well

Awesome!  I thought I was the first winner for a second with the radion blue.  I was the one that asked the question about adding that to the cart that he was talking about in the beginning.

On 3/27/2020 at 5:13 PM, Elizabeth94 said:

Starting to open up. This is my first alvepora I actually really like it. So simple but pretty. Also realizing that I am adding sticks when I wanted this to be a low maintenance softy lps tank. Eh well see how it goes. 

016959D7-AFB4-4BBD-8D4A-D7E761245A36.thumb.jpeg.505a524cc730ac684e5cf5ef498b3650.jpeg

How's it been keeping that? I've been looking at maybe picking one up in the future

3 hours ago, Elizabeth94 said:

Hope you all are well

Congrats on the giveaway

Elizabeth94
1 hour ago, Ratvan said:

How's it been keeping that? I've been looking at maybe picking one up in the future

Congrats on the giveaway

The alvepora has been doing fine. Its in the same spot I placed it. It is opened a bit more than the photo above. Im wondering if it would appreciate more flow to be honest. I might try moving it. 

• Like 1
On 8/6/2019 at 4:12 PM, Elizabeth94 said:

I got some other things delivered that came in good shape. 

BRS 100gal per day 4 Stage plus system was packaged perfectly. This is my first rodi unit. I plan to hook it up to my washer and have the waste water pour into my washer.

My towns freshwater supply broke open leaking over 300,000 gallons of freshwater a day. They expect the repairs to be done in about two years. I guess the pipe is about 20ft under a local (saltwater) bay. Cant imagine what it has done to the wildlife there... Anyways, until then we are restricted on water use. Perfect time to set up a reef tank XD 

Im going to try Macro rock again. This time I will be doing an acid dip, followed by a week of bleaching. I decided this after watching a video on BRS comparing the phosphate levels. Hopefully their results will be true with my system. Worth a try imo. 

BRS rock was packages nicely and had very minimal damage (unlike my poor ATI) I have some large peices to work with. Very happy. 

27DD36EE-B857-4DC2-818C-A0B79B98F17A.jpeg

Acid should be enough without the bleaching. I've acid dipped my brs rock several times without any ill effects.

Although I much prefer liferock over the stark white base rock especially when 6 months later my older tanks rock is still white. I started my new tank with life rock and it looks so much nicer.

Elizabeth94
15 hours ago, roblox84 said:

Acid should be enough without the bleaching. I've acid dipped my brs rock several times without any ill effects.

Although I much prefer liferock over the stark white base rock especially when 6 months later my older tanks rock is still white. I started my new tank with life rock and it looks so much nicer.

I actually didn’t end up acid washing. I like dry rock for aqua scaping, but honestly the live rock I got from KP Aquatics is amazing. I agree though, liferock does look better to start and even though my acros are growing good the coralline from my live rock hasn’t spread to the dry rock. There may be some specks but I cant tell. 

7 hours ago, Elizabeth94 said:

I actually didn’t end up acid washing. I like dry rock for aqua scaping, but honestly the live rock I got from KP Aquatics is amazing. I agree though, liferock does look better to start and even though my acros are growing good the coralline from my live rock hasn’t spread to the dry rock. There may be some specks but I cant tell. 

I just found out about kp aquatics recently unfortunately or else i would've went with their live rock for sure.

• 1 month later...
Elizabeth94

It had been a whole since I updated. Had a mishap with my refugium light which bleached all my corals and killed some sps frags. Tank is still in recovery but it has been a few weeks and the less sensitive corals are back to normal. My three sticks are pale, but the tort looks the best. This sucks because after getting the free GHL doser from bulk reef supply everything was dialed in and the frags were encrusting. Oh well. 

Made an order at reeftopia, which I never heard of until recently. Got 6 ultra RFAs for like $140, and a couple gorgonians. Literally just put them in the tank so waiting for them 

to open up. I also have three zebra barred dartfish on the way. I though they were unique. 

C9E9873D-7854-407D-96A4-AA7837EA3AC0.jpeg

6FE00D7B-BECD-404A-B2B9-DF3FF5FE8128.jpeg

6F14C0F6-B72A-4F0A-9216-A087F272A718.jpeg

• Wow 1
mitten_reef
1 minute ago, Elizabeth94 said:

It had been a whole since I updated. Had a mishap with my refugium light which bleached all my corals and killed some sps frags. Tank is still in recovery but it has been a few weeks and the less sensitive corals are back to normal. My three sticks are pale, but the tort looks the best. 

Made an order at reeftopia, which I never heard of until recently. Got 6 ultra RFAs for like $140, and a couple gorgonians. Literally just put them in the tank so waiting for them 

to open up. I also have three zebra barred dartfish on the way. I though they were unique. 

C9E9873D-7854-407D-96A4-AA7837EA3AC0.jpeg

6FE00D7B-BECD-404A-B2B9-DF3FF5FE8128.jpeg

6F14C0F6-B72A-4F0A-9216-A087F272A718.jpeg

the latest addition looks awesome! those gorgs are huge.  are they both photosynthetic?  

• Like 1
Elizabeth94

Yes they are! Ones the golden sea rod, and the other is a purple plume. I actually never had gorges before so I knew I wanted them to be photosynthetic. They are big though! The purple one is just so pretty, for $16 you can’t beat it. 

Just got the zebra barred dartfish in. They are gorgeous! The stripes under the kessils look pink. And they have metallic blue scales near their heads. They are so plump too. Im having a lot of good luck with Divers Den sending chunky healthy looking fish. Well see how it goes!

Best pic I could get. They are just too shy. I unfortunately can’t quarantine them. Hubby has online pharmacy courses now bc of the virus. My set up was on the computer desk. Small house problems!

FC2B52D3-9BDB-4493-88A3-FDE2D12BFB78.jpeg

• Wow 1
Elizabeth94

Small update.. I have an aquatic life hybrid on the way to go with my Kessils. I also have one spot left for my doser and will be trying Easy Reefs EasySPS EVO gel. 

I recently acquired a bunch of frags unexpectedly from @Timaaa Check his thread for details. But thats whats on the frag rack. 

Tank was looking nice today, heres a fts. The new dartfish are still shy, so unfortunately I couldn’t get them in the shot.  

8F1483B1-A094-41D5-9421-91B263A6B787.jpeg

• Like 3
mitten_reef
14 minutes ago, Elizabeth94 said:

Small update.. I have an aquatic life hybrid on the way to go with my Kessils. I also have one spot left for my doser and will be trying Easy Reefs EasySPS EVO gel. 

I recently acquired a bunch of frags unexpectedly from @Timaaa Check his thread for details. But thats whats on the frag rack. 

Tank was looking nice today, heres a fts. The new dartfish are still shy, so unfortunately I couldn’t get them in the shot.  

8F1483B1-A094-41D5-9421-91B263A6B787.jpeg

That looks like an awesome pack of surprises. 

• Like 2
Elizabeth94

It is! I would never be able to buy all these at one time. They are all great pieces, but the orange passion and rainbow mili are two that have been on my list for a while. I was waiting to get my hybrid fixture before adding more sps. 

• Like 2
Elizabeth94

Got a pic of the dart fish venturing out. Tank looks more like a reef with more than three fish in it haha. I think ill add one more fish, need yellow in there. Probably try a coris wrasse again. 

874455B5-D6E8-4271-93AA-C871A94B578D.jpeg

• Like 2
Elizabeth94

Just marking this as the first day I started EasySPS EVO Gel. Doser is hooked up. I also got my new Tunze refugium light in. Happy about that! 

This is what my little equipment cabinet looks like. 

F3EE8BD0-F71B-4B00-9553-A451E39BB467.jpeg

• Wow 2
11 minutes ago, Elizabeth94 said:

Just marking this as the first day I started EasySPS EVO Gel. Doser is hooked up. I also got my new Tunze refugium light in. Happy about that! 

How do you like the EVO gel? 

• Like 1
Elizabeth94
7 minutes ago, William said:

How do you like the EVO gel? 

First day idk lol. But in terms of setting it up- super easy. But if you order the big bag like me, you need to remember to get the dosing attachment. I think the small bags already have a dosing line hook up.  

• Like 1
mitten_reef
41 minutes ago, Elizabeth94 said:

Which spice is the preferred choice of the fish? 

• Like 1
Elizabeth94
3 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Which spice is the preferred choice of the fish? 

Haha, are you talking about the glass bottle with green lid? That is rosemary. 

I actually got sick of the hikari bag of tiny fish pellets. Washed out that container and filled it with fish food! 

• Like 1
Elizabeth94

Did a water change. Evening lights jist kicked on. Pink interstellar shroom had a baby last week. Growing like a weed! Its literally this pink in person. Nuts. 

5628AA16-45D3-4153-AA59-BDC0455F0E57.thumb.jpeg.37fd398271fe2096711ec8c31a9baa92.jpeg

Larry, the first fish to go in this system. Such a pig lol. 

1BD8E1E8-220B-45FB-BDCD-4BACAE5D3068.thumb.jpeg.51c2df4321ffa4dfa41dc02112db7f0e.jpeg

• Like 2