Innovative Marine Aquariums

Coral Kingdom Of Thras ~ Waterbox 130.4 💦 ~ SPS Filling In

Thrassian Atoll

Thrassian Atoll
On 12/5/2019 at 8:18 AM, mitten_reef said:

waiting to hear when this thing will start getting corals.......😴

Did you get any coral pack over the shopping wknd? 

😁

Tank is still really young.  I already lost a few sps I bought locally just from being too unstable still.  The stuff I still have though is doing well now so I did actually grab some cheaper frags from aqua sd this past weekend. 

7BECE6A5-E312-4D27-B68C-88107973B26B.thumb.jpeg.1b2114ef5df514d9b24c64a86bda493d.jpeg

If these do well and I finally start seeing some coraline algae growing, I’ll start buying more stuff.  There’s a couple local guys I am going

to buy a bunch of stuff from.  I just don’t want to waste any more money on stuff dying.  

• Like 3
Thrassian Atoll

Here’s the Midas Blenny!  Crazy that this guy changes colors.  He’s pure yellow swimming around and gets blochy when he perches.  I don’t remember my old one doing that.  

C06E2B9F-755F-4A03-AD0E-9CCD9821DD11.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
Thrassian Atoll

My 4 line wrasse just reappeared out of no where!  I haven’t seen him in at least 3 weeks.  He came out of the rocks for like 20 seconds and went back into hiding.  I was certain he was dead.  No clue why he’s been hiding.  Nothing had changed at the time.  Crazy.  I didn’t get the best look at him to see if he’s injured or anything.  Talk about a surprise though.

• Like 3
Thrassian Atoll
5 minutes ago, Elizabeth94 said:

Thats awesome to hear! Wonder why he has been hiding to the point where you thought he was a gonner. 

Yeah, no clue.  I wonder if maybe he got stuck somewhere, somehow.  Like maybe a snail got stuck in a hole he was in or something?  It’s definitely a mystery.

Really like the build so far, the tank looks so clean, organized and sleek. Not just the tank itself but above and below as well. Looking forward to see this thing fill up. That artwork you have above the tank is awesome, is it made out of wood and where did you get it?

• Thanks 1
Thrassian Atoll
1 hour ago, VaporCountry said:

Really like the build so far, the tank looks so clean, organized and sleek. Not just the tank itself but above and below as well. Looking forward to see this thing fill up. That artwork you have above the tank is awesome, is it made out of wood and where did you get it?

Thanks!  Definitely going a lot slower than I would like, but don’t want to rush things.  I have wasted so much money on sps dying over the years, I am really holding my self back this go around.  

I do have a shipment coming in from vivids this week or next week.  I had a large credit with them from a couple years ago that I am finally using.  

The piece above the tank is made from wood.  I got in from Hawaii when I was stationed there, but I am pretty sure you can get something similar on Amazon.  It’s built pretty well and it’s not too expensive.  It actually looked a lot better when my tank was a 1/4 of the size!  Haha.  I am trying to figure out something else to hang on the wall back there.  Might do some sort of anchor and old ship lights.  

• Like 1
Thrassian Atoll

Hopefully I get my Clearview lid soon.  It’s been over 77 days, which it says my lid takes 70-77 from order to shipment.  

• Like 2
Thrassian Atoll
19 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Just ordered my Clearview lid so now begins the long wait lol

Sweet!  They just emailed me.  It’s a weird email though.  I think it’s basically saying they are starting to make my lid.  What did you go with?  

19 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Just ordered my Clearview lid so now begins the long wait lol

It’s definitely a long wait. I waited every bit of the 2 months for the Evo lid, and annoying as that is, it’s sure a nice lid. 

• Like 1
Thrassian Atoll
1 hour ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

It’s definitely a long wait. I waited every bit of the 2 months for the Evo lid, and annoying as that is, it’s sure a nice lid. 

Mine will be around the 3 month mark I bet before I get it.  That’s the pices Exo.  Still better than 4 months of being jerked around by Top Lids.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Thrassian Atoll said:

Mine will be around the 3 month mark I bet before I get it.  That’s the pices Exo.  Still better than 4 months of being jerked around by Top Lids.

No it’s a great lid when you finally get it. I have one on both my tanks and I’m super happy with them. The waiting just sucks. Worth it in the end.

• Like 1
Thrassian Atoll
19 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

No it’s a great lid when you finally get it. I have one on both my tanks and I’m super happy with them. The waiting just sucks. Worth it in the end.

I had a classic on my lagoon.  Can’t wait to see this Exo.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Thrassian Atoll said:

Sweet!  They just emailed me.  It’s a weird email though.  I think it’s basically saying they are starting to make my lid.  What did you go with?  

Classic...I have had the tsunami before and salt creep nightmare for me at the joints. The joints also expand and break from this salt creep...but their customer service was good and they replaced all my tsunamis for free. The classics have been perfect for me.

I also didn't get a feed door since their feed doors don't sit flush. I am picky and will just use a pipette to squirt food between the mesh. My lid is pretty minimalist and the classic rim is only one inch wide so it has never gotten condensation in my other tanks. 

• Like 2
Thrassian Atoll
7 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Classic...I have had the tsunami before and salt creep nightmare for me at the joints. The joints also expand and break from this salt creep...but their customer service was good and they replaced all my tsunamis for free. The classics have been perfect for me.

I also didn't get a feed door since their feed doors don't sit flush. I am picky and will just use a pipette to squirt food between the mesh. My lid is pretty minimalist and the classic rim is only one inch wide so it has never gotten condensation in my other tanks. 

Hmmm, hopefully I love the Exo.  Haha.  The classic was a good lid.  The door could of been a lot better.  There was nothing to grab it by.  I wasn’t a huge fan of the condensation on the classic though.  It always bugged me.  I know the Exo is more of a skeleton and doesn’t have the 2” acrylic lip. 

4 hours ago, Thrassian Atoll said:

Hmmm, hopefully I love the Exo.  Haha.  The classic was a good lid.  The door could of been a lot better.  There was nothing to grab it by.  I wasn’t a huge fan of the condensation on the classic though.  It always bugged me.  I know the Exo is more of a skeleton and doesn’t have the 2” acrylic lip. 

I would have considered top lids just for their better feed door and no puzzle pieces but they are having so many problems right now its not even worth dealing with that shady stuff. 

Thrassian Atoll
6 hours ago, Tamberav said:

I would have considered top lids just for their better feed door and no puzzle pieces but they are having so many problems right now its not even worth dealing with that shady stuff. 

For sure.  I really wanted one.  I loved the design.  Maybe someday if they ever get their act together.

Thrassian Atoll

ClearView Pisces EXO Lid is here!!!  I got it this morning from usps at like 7 AM.  That’s the earliest I have ever received something from the mail.  Haha.  Packaging was good.  It wasn’t damaged.  

Initial impressions.  They never emailed me to double check any dimensions.  They should have though.  The side cutouts for the Ecotech RMS legs were a little narrow.  I had to take the dremel and trim them up a little bit.  It’s weird though, you would think they have cut out a ton for the RMS feet.  I also don’t really understand the point of the puzzle pieced frame.  Is it just for esthetics or is there a reason for it?  I knew the Tsunami was like that, didn’t realize the Exo was the same way.  I also wish it sat a little flusher on the tank.  It sticks up probably an 1/8 of an inch.  The lid still doesn’t have a handle or a cutout in the middle to grab on to.  

Overall though I am happy.  I think I would have preferred the Top Lid better, but we know how that turned out.  I can take my lid off now without having to take my light rack down.  I can also feed the fish and still my hand in the tank without having to push food through the mesh.  The design is pretty sweet looking and the net is tight.  Overall it’s a nice lid but I would personally do some things a little different.  

CB88E623-0605-43D1-85C4-35F038DC1C25.thumb.jpeg.944181421511ab7aa4b2659ef03f4866.jpegC6D2589E-8E36-463E-9A65-E4823ABCF133.thumb.jpeg.c4fc72d83a5e4dd3a84ea943fd72290f.jpegA9FDAE97-6CC8-4699-B79A-18FF23F52A33.thumb.jpeg.dae38c6cf49660460bbe3d78938b8894.jpeg76F5A07B-0954-4DC4-87E4-43527F7B6F75.thumb.jpeg.5eb065aca4912f47006b63946368146e.jpeg

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Thrassian Atoll said:

ClearView Pisces EXO Lid is here!!!  I got it this morning from usps at like 7 AM.  That’s the earliest I have ever received something from the mail.  Haha.  Packaging was good.  It wasn’t damaged.  

Initial impressions.  They never emailed me to double check any dimensions.  They should have though.  The side cutouts for the Ecotech RMS legs were a little narrow.  I had to take the dremel and trim them up a little bit.  It’s weird though, you would think they have cut out a ton for the RMS feet.  I also don’t really understand the point of the puzzle pieced frame.  Is it just for esthetics or is there a reason for it?  I knew the Tsunami was like that, didn’t realize the Exo was the same way.  I also wish it sat a little flusher on the tank.  It sticks up probably an 1/8 of an inch.  The lid still doesn’t have a handle or a cutout in the middle to grab on to.  

Overall though I am happy.  I think I would have preferred the Top Lid better, but we know how that turned out.  I can take my lid off now without having to take my light rack down.  I can also feed the fish and still my hand in the tank without having to push food through the mesh.  The design is pretty sweet looking and the net is tight.  Overall it’s a nice lid but I would personally do some things a little different.  

CB88E623-0605-43D1-85C4-35F038DC1C25.thumb.jpeg.944181421511ab7aa4b2659ef03f4866.jpegC6D2589E-8E36-463E-9A65-E4823ABCF133.thumb.jpeg.c4fc72d83a5e4dd3a84ea943fd72290f.jpegA9FDAE97-6CC8-4699-B79A-18FF23F52A33.thumb.jpeg.dae38c6cf49660460bbe3d78938b8894.jpeg76F5A07B-0954-4DC4-87E4-43527F7B6F75.thumb.jpeg.5eb065aca4912f47006b63946368146e.jpeg

The classic has puzzle fit corner too. It must just be their signature way. 

• Like 1
Thrassian Atoll
7 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

The classic has puzzle fit corner too. It must just be their signature way. 

Interesting.  My classic didn’t a couple years ago.  They must of starting doing it with all their lids.

My classic has no puzzles. That is the tsunami.

The puzzle is so they can make lids cheaper imo. A lot less waste if you are cutting small pieces and not a solid sheet.

This is probably why they are cheaper than top lids and also why the tsunami costs less then the classic.

• Like 1
Thrassian Atoll
34 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

The puzzle is so they can make lids cheaper imo. A lot less waste if you are cutting small pieces and not a solid sheet.

This is probably why they are cheaper than top lids and also why the tsunami costs less then the classic.

That makes sense.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Oh actually, you're right. When I got up and looked at the Evo classic lid it sure doesn't have puzzle corners. That is my SCA which is a tsunami lid. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Thrassian Atoll

Here’s the tank today.  5 months in.   Everything is doing well.  A little cyano but nutrients are still pretty low, which is weird because I have 8 fish and I feed a lot.  Just running a skimmer and carbon.  Tank is still pretty bare but going to start buying a lot of corals soon.

D87ED759-B474-456E-9286-9CCF57E378D4.thumb.jpeg.874a0775c79eee26d00dba037ffeefb4.jpeg0D6C3BD1-105B-4297-B775-0595A62D7A6C.thumb.jpeg.16d678e3c24b65770c7aca0068a4bb93.jpeg34A67D56-9498-4A82-A163-371DCBF5CD91.thumb.jpeg.b60a3a40f79625b0272d12a10d8c948b.jpeg

• Like 1