Thrassian Atoll

WATERBOX 130.4 ~ Trident is Here!

Elizabeth94

Very cool. Im interested on how this system works for you. Im trying to plan out some future equipment lists. So far I am leaning towards a calc reactor. But it will be a long time until I need to worry about that. 

Funny about the snails 😆

• Like 1

Thrassian Atoll
24 minutes ago, Elizabeth94 said:

Very cool. Im interested on how this system works for you. Im trying to plan out some future equipment lists. So far I am leaning towards a calc reactor. But it will be a long time until I need to worry about that. 

Funny about the snails 😆

Neptunes seems to still be working out some kinks here and there but it’s been going well so far.  I shouldn’t ever be able to blame my coral deaths to alk swings anymore.  😂

Not having to manual test has been great though.  It gets rid of the inconsistency and you know exactly what’s going on throughout the day.  Also don’t have to log numbers.  

I do not know much about calcium reactors or kalk.  I have only been using 2 part.  The 2 part is pretty easy.   We shall see how much I have to use in the future though.  

I know the biggest struggle is going to be with keeping my nutrient levels consistent.  I am making sure this time that nitrates are at least above 5 and phosphates detectable at all times.  I know my issues in the past have always been too low of nutrients and starving my corals.  In the setups where I hardly do anything at all and have some algae were always the best coral wise and I want to continue that here, even with all the high tech gear.

• Like 1

Elizabeth94

Hows the cycle going? Im sure you are itching to get some form of life in there besides bacteria haha! 

• Like 1

Thrassian Atoll
2 hours ago, Elizabeth94 said:

Hows the cycle going? Im sure you are itching to get some form of life in there besides bacteria haha! 

Cycle is done actually.  It only took 2 weeks compared to my QT tank that took 55 days.  I actually just put my Hawkfish in a couple days ago and I got my shrimp and some corals in there from my old tank.  I had my 5 gallon tank as a small frag tank and had the Hawkfish in that and I wanted to take it down.  He’s probably the least likely to jump out so I said why not? 

I also have a ton of snails from different places, most recently I got an order from reef cleaners.  I chose the 40 gallon breeder amount and got some others too.

• Like 1

Thrassian Atoll

Here’s a few photos from today.  I am still waiting on some of these dwarf snails to move or I am going to pull them out soon.  I hate having snail shells in the sand.  I don’t know if they are dead or just slow at moving still.  

6066CFFD-18EE-4E74-BFAC-53BD31025E78.thumb.jpeg.8de83d3e34ed7968aa89cfbab202232d.jpeg

5C02540A-27CA-43A6-B635-58F76FBB4EAA.thumb.jpeg.0dde5ddcfbab539417e3a08ff7ffd2f7.jpeg

2328E632-B137-4FEE-8846-8A839F0FA9A0.thumb.jpeg.9f847030eb4bc7568b4a57063c2c7a27.jpeg531AED75-D5AE-4B91-90D9-673C113908E4.thumb.jpeg.e7a6f94966df6a7aa2931819ccbc800c.jpeg

• Like 1