Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Coral Kingdom Of Thras ~ Waterbox 130.4 💦 ~ SPS Filling In

Thrassian Atoll

Oh man sorry to hear you lost him 😞 Such a beautiful fish. I wonder if this is something Liveaquaria would cover. I never purchased from them before myself. But I know ill be nervous when I buy my first pricey fish online. 

• Thanks 1
Thrassian Atoll
1 minute ago, Elizabeth94 said:

Oh man sorry to hear you lost him 😞 Such a beautiful fish. I wonder if this is something Liveaquaria would cover. I never purchased from them before myself. But I know ill be nervous when I buy my first pricey fish online. 

I doubt it, but can’t hurt to try and at least complain about the swim bladder issue.  Any kind of compensation would be better than nothing the amount this guy costs.

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Thrassian Atoll said:

No need to debate anymore.  He passed away in the last couple of hours.  17352E8E-E4B5-4804-A7CA-BA9FC434A88D.thumb.jpeg.5f153ea3da24a62b1855d7c3d7a7c7e9.jpeg03AE0815-DB55-4AB9-B9F8-BF77C9C4DC9D.thumb.jpeg.91709e9e9e68044ec3c41a90b0e57a00.jpeg

Hopefully they will give you store credit, since the ailment occurred during the window 

• Like 2
Thrassian Atoll
1 minute ago, William said:

Hopefully they will give you store credit, since the ailment occurred during the window 

I don’t know if they still have the 2 week alive guarantee anymore.  They have changed some stuff with that and their free shipping prices in the last year.

I am going to email them tomorrow morning.

• Like 3
Thrassian Atoll

Here’s the reply from live aquaria.  I just told them what happened and asked if they have heard anything from anybody else with a fish from this batch.  I got a reply within 5 minutes I think.  Also, it sounds like they do still have the 2 week policy but I am sol on this fish.

B4F86812-D903-4F6F-83BE-B3D1F3D505ED.thumb.png.fd5fd6a35d4e772251974653f13f718c.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
Thrassian Atoll

I just ordered a small blue reef chromis and a small male Bartletts anthias from saltwaterfish.com

I am going to to get these guys first before I try another Lineatus.

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, Thrassian Atoll said:

Here’s the reply from live aquaria.  I just told them what happened and asked if they have heard anything from anybody else with a fish from this batch.  I got a reply within 5 minutes I think.  Also, it sounds like they do still have the 2 week policy but I am sol on this fish.

B4F86812-D903-4F6F-83BE-B3D1F3D505ED.thumb.png.fd5fd6a35d4e772251974653f13f718c.png

I will typically message live Aquaria if any fish that I get starts to go down hill while in the 14 day period, that way they are aware of it. 

• Like 2
Thrassian Atoll
1 minute ago, William said:

I will typically message live Aquaria if any fish that I get starts to go down hill while in the 14 day period, that way they are aware of it. 

Yeah, I’ll have to remember that.  

• Like 1

I hate to say it but if it really was was QT'd for a month a the OFS and you believe that it was healthy when it was there, but it was apparently on a crash course by the time it arrived to you, then it's because of shipping/handling stress. 

It would be ideal to get something like this locally so you can find him healthy and deliver him home healthy yourself.  No need for a warranty that way.  But if you can't find one, or get a place to order one....dang.  Being forced to buy online sucks.

• Like 2
Thrassian Atoll
18 hours ago, mcarroll said:

I hate to say it but if it really was was QT'd for a month a the OFS and you believe that it was healthy when it was there, but it was apparently on a crash course by the time it arrived to you, then it's because of shipping/handling stress. 

It would be ideal to get something like this locally so you can find him healthy and deliver him home healthy yourself.  No need for a warranty that way.  But if you can't find one, or get a place to order one....dang.  Being forced to buy online sucks.

Yeah, I couldn’t find one locally a while ago or have any LFS order one.  I might be able to now.  They are popping up some now.  Saltwaterfish.com has a few different male sizes.  I am going to wait a little bit though and possibly order one again in a month or so, I’ll try local again first. 

My anthias should be here tomorrow.  Unfortunately the chromis didn’t look good enough to ship or something so they canceled that order.  

• Like 2
Thrassian Atoll
37 minutes ago, mcarroll said:

Chromis are a little notorious like that.

It’s been weird trying to find a Bartletts anthias and a blue reef chromis for sale at the same time and website.  They seem like pretty common fish but they have been hard to find.

• Like 2
Thrassian Atoll

Looks like they aren’t shipping anything now due to the chromis.  I guess they will wait and see if they have anymore available soon.  The order was a Bartletts anthias, blue reef chromis and a royal tuxedo urchin.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
Thrassian Atoll

New Fish came Friday from Saltwaterfish.com

Both fish are doing great in the QT.  Both are eating flake and frozen and seem healthy.  

Male Bartletts Anthias.  I thought this guy was dead when he arrived but he perked up well.  Such a beautiful fish.  Kind of a funky lip though.  Not sure if that is normal or if he had an injury.

BC5A8564-C7ED-4B29-B54B-55C4B7E5A1D3.thumb.jpeg.600738cb049318c7d8e617fe3d53f4eb.jpeg

C3D78C61-F49A-4C18-9640-40F23B062EA1.thumb.jpeg.b4d225da16baab19b450b699ed6e338d.jpeg

Blue reef chromis.  This guy is tiny.  Probably around an inch long.  

ED943FF2-4ACB-4648-81C3-140881A9B16C.thumb.jpeg.aadb3ab2d92f3591b89953796eadb5c0.jpeg

• Like 2

Watch that chromis well... that mark could be Uronema, they are prone to it and there is no way to remove it from your DT. Unfortunately I think anthias are sensitive to it too. 

• Thanks 1
Thrassian Atoll
8 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Watch that chromis well... that mark could be Uronema, they are prone to it and there is no way to remove it from your DT. Unfortunately I think anthias are sensitive to it too. 

I’ll keep an eye on things.  They definitely won’t be going to the display for a while.  I’ll look up uronema.

Edit: Looking at the chromis, it’s a light gray spot.  It doesn’t look like photos of Uronema but I’ll keep close eyes on him.

• Like 2
Thrassian Atoll

The Blue Reef Chromis died today.  Yesterday he seemed fine.  Eating and swimming fine.  I woke up tonight to him being dead.  

I am not sure if it was Uronema or something else.  The gray spot is still gray and not red like I see in most photos of the parisite.  The question now is should I treat the Anthias for Uronema?  I don’t see any signs of anything on the Anthias.  He seems fine.  His appetite is still voracious.  Also, I know Uronema is free floating and I am not sure how I would go about getting rid of it in the QT.  

3A92047A-5033-4E75-949C-FC0DA8E79C96.thumb.jpeg.232720973adf1d1bdcc9389c86c0efbc.jpeg

• Sad 6

I won't buy chromis because they are not worth the risk for such a cheap fish. It's too bad cuz I actually like the look of them. 

I know humble was talking about dumping water over corals or fish or using a peroxide dip to get rid of free floaters. 

@Humblefish

• Like 1
Thrassian Atoll
3 hours ago, Tamberav said:

I won't buy chromis because they are not worth the risk for such a cheap fish. It's too bad cuz I actually like the look of them. 

I know humble was talking about dumping water over corals or fish or using a peroxide dip to get rid of free floaters. 

@Humblefish

Yeah, I should of realized that when they couldn’t ship one originally because they didn’t have any that looked good enough to send out.  

I most likely won’t get another one.  Maybe if I see a green chromis that looks healthy at a local store someday.  The blue is pretty dark in person and doesn’t contrast my other fish very well.  It was definitely my cheapest fish and I am not too upset about it.  It leaves the door open for better fish options.  

What I am worried about though is my Anthias getting it or spreading it to the display tank.  I definitely need to figure out what my next steps should be.  I asked BRStv on Facebook but they take forever to post people’s questions.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Thrassian Atoll said:

Yeah, I should of realized that when they couldn’t ship one originally because they didn’t have any that looked good enough to send out.  

I most likely won’t get another one.  Maybe if I see a green chromis that looks healthy at a local store someday.  The blue is pretty dark in person and doesn’t contrast my other fish very well.  It was definitely my cheapest fish and I am not too upset about it.  It leaves the door open for better fish options.  

What I am worried about though is my Anthias getting it or spreading it to the display tank.  I definitely need to figure out what my next steps should be.  I asked BRStv on Facebook but they take forever to post people’s questions.

Humblefish pops in on here but you can check out his forum: https://humble.fish/ for a faster response. 

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Tamberav said:

@Humblefish

IME; a 30 min 150ppm H2O2 bath OR 45 min 250ppm formalin bath will kill external uronema. See links below:

https://www.nano-reef.com/forums/topic/405330-hydrogen-peroxide-fish-treatment-information/

https://www.nano-reef.com/forums/topic/401678-formalin-fish-medication-information/

However, one caveat about uronema is it can also spread internally, but I've only seen evidence of this in chromis damsels. So they should always be given a proper QT by dosing + food soaking metronidazole (which also treats uronema.) This is irregardless of whether you have already treated them with H2O2 or formalin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1