SaltCritters.com

Coral Kingdom Of Thras ~ Waterbox 130.4 💦 ~ SPS Filling In

Thrassian Atoll

51 minutes ago, Thrassian Atoll said:

Too bad that WD is still the slowest growing thing ever.  😂

Funny you say that. My WD is probably my fastest grower. But its not gold yet. Not sure if that will come with size or if I should up my lighting. My pink lemonade has been stubborn. Based out but no vertical growth. Just looks like a crooked twig. Lmao

You have some nice colonies. This is going to look fantastic when everything grows out. 

Aug

530D28EE-E4BC-4B3E-9DF4-694272DBAC6F.thumb.jpeg.a671dd901fdaf859df8a7f72b7d6a7a1.jpeg

Tonight (excuse the heavy blue)

F6366EBE-4950-459B-B697-8A4CE649C417.thumb.jpeg.851b2387ad7aaa2f653dc8fea4c6410a.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
Thrassian Atoll
12 minutes ago, Elizabeth94 said:

Funny you say that. My WD is probably my fastest grower. But its not gold yet. Not sure if that will come with size or if I should up my lighting. My pink lemonade has been stubborn. Based out but no vertical growth. Just looks like a crooked twig. Lmao

You have some nice colonies. This is going to look fantastic when everything grows out. 

Aug

530D28EE-E4BC-4B3E-9DF4-694272DBAC6F.thumb.jpeg.a671dd901fdaf859df8a7f72b7d6a7a1.jpeg

Tonight (excuse the heavy blue)

F6366EBE-4950-459B-B697-8A4CE649C417.thumb.jpeg.851b2387ad7aaa2f653dc8fea4c6410a.jpeg

Thanks!  I am starting to notice a few things look exactly the same but are named different.  I’ll swap some stuff around down the road.  

Yours is growing well!  I am not sure if yours will get yellow?  I am not even sure all of the WDs are the same lineage.  Seems like some have more blue green and some like mine are yellow and purple.  No clue.  

Also, my pink lemonade hasn’t looked good in a couple months for some reason.  Zero polyp extension except for new growth at the base.  I have no idea what the problem is with it.  All the other sps look good/good polyp extension.

• Like 2
On 11/19/2020 at 6:03 PM, Thrassian Atoll said:

March 2020 to Now.  Always seems like nothing is growing until you start comparing old photos.  

9BDF2FC6-779E-4AB8-B334-10B3EAB4EBB9.thumb.jpeg.3ee86cd9e86a56772f7544348c0fed22.jpeg
DB179C38-F0F3-43B1-A422-A83CD8A87B9E.thumb.jpeg.c3a826e6d6aec0d492aa04dbff5eaac9.jpeg

loving the grafted cap on the front left there.... and everything grew crazy in just 7-8 months!  

• Like 7
Thrassian Atoll
45 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

loving the grafted cap on the front left there.... and everything grew crazy in just 7-8 months!  

That grafted cap gets a lot of reactions! It’s definitely a good looking piece.  A lot more growth than I initially thought.  

• Like 4
Thrassian Atoll
27 minutes ago, Elizabeth94 said:

Those look fantastic.

Thank you!

23 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

That looks awesome to me.

Thanks!

On 11/29/2020 at 3:41 PM, farkwar said:

That would be a money maker

If you did that

For sure!  I wish.  

Might have to trim that purple up a little to let the green guy catch up underneath.  He’s going to be covered soon I bet.

• Like 2
Thrassian Atoll
1 hour ago, debbeach13 said:

I admit it I am a little jealous of this tank.

Thanks!  First time in 10 years I have had a tank do really well.  Knock on wood.  

• Like 2
Thrassian Atoll
13 minutes ago, Elizabeth94 said:

Same! Just love the white photos too. This is a future tank of the month. I bet in less than a year! 

Thanks Liz!  I like the white photos too.  I need to bust out the dslr in the near future.  

Thrassian Atoll

Some new acros frags in the tank from Cherry Corals.  No photos yet until they color back up.  

- Tyree Merlins Staff

- BC Bubblebath Unicorn

- JF Foxflame

- RR Orange Passion

Also have a couple things coming from TSA.  

- RR Wonderland

- CC Golden Jawdropper 

- TSA Tesla

- Death Spiral

38833C72-D1EA-4E9A-8BAC-3E5E7D682991.thumb.jpeg.223cf349ab658138258b0c75eb169685.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Wow 2
Thrassian Atoll
1 hour ago, Elizabeth94 said:

Death Spiral? That sounds like a crazy one I have to check it out. Thats a lot of frags where will you put them? Haha

Ha!  I already put the ones from cherry corals and the TSA Tesla on the rocks.  A couple things in the back that won’t be able to see very well.  Stuff is tight right now.  This is it pretty much until I start swapping stuff out, especially the ones that are exactly the same with different names. Sigh

I actually ordered the wonderland and Tesla a few weeks ago from top shelf aquatics and got it last week, the wonderland was doa but got my money back and ordered another.  

The death Spiral is kind of a cool monti.  Got it pretty cheap though from there wysiwyg section. Probably super tiny.  I am going to throw it in the back of the rocks where I won’t ever see it probably.  😂  Top down shots down the road will be cool though.  I am pretty much filling every space I possibly can.  

• Like 3
Thrassian Atoll

My frag tank still isn’t ready for sps yet though.  I think it’s lack of nutrients.  I only have 3 fish in there now and 1 is going to the main display soon.  I haven’t really been testing though.  Been pretty lazy with it.  I’ll throw a frag or green pocilipora or purple stylo in there and they won’t live past a week or so.

Plan is to acquire more fish.  Still waiting on my dang order from Bay Bridge.  He said the gem and flame are pretty much ready to go and he had a lead on a lineatus but we shall see.  

• Like 2
Thrassian Atoll
1 hour ago, Elizabeth94 said:

Wow still waiting for your fish order? I hope everything comes in looking good. 

Yup. 🙄 Probably all be doa and have to wait another 6 months.

• Sad 1
Thrassian Atoll

BayBridge should be able to acquire Lineatus Wrasses soon.  The distributor got over 20 apparently.  So hopefully by the end of January/ into February I’ll have my Gem Tang, Flame Wrasse and Lineatus.

I went ahead and ordered 4 fish from Divers Den for the frag tank.  Starry Blenny, Black Cap Basslet, neon dottyback and a carpenter flasher wrasse.  These will join the lightning maroon clown and tomini tang already in there.  I’ll transfer the orchid dottyback to the main tank before I get those.  See how nutrients do with the 6 fish in the frag tank and go from there.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • 3 weeks later...
Thrassian Atoll

382778DA-3623-48B3-96A9-B1C60302A4F5.thumb.jpeg.33bd525fdaf0403dfc01b4f5a1aede44.jpeg

Unfortunately the tank is going through some issues and I am not sure why.  Everything has been stable.  The only thing I can think of is that maybe my nutrients got too low at one point.  I haven’t changed anything.  

Taking the biggest hit has been the Seriatopora/Birdnests.  They are losing flesh/burnt tips.  It’s been happening over the past week or so.  Some other stuff has lost a little color and polyp extension.  Most of the Acros look the same.  The tank hasn’t been using as much nutrients, alkalinity and calcium either, which is never a good sign.  

1E991291-3880-4BC7-B2F5-0211EFF96BA9.thumb.jpeg.e11516d581395fc265f2ba9de4458bcc.jpeg

C7D8D9B1-9CF3-43B8-A079-0A8555A5CE7A.thumb.jpeg.4ebb6454dcc6df0a9609cc7b3de3fc1e.jpeg

87CA0575-167A-4CBE-A0FE-874FA1A78D4A.thumb.jpeg.1f8fc95d6876dff28bf87799084ec3de.jpeg

I really hope things don’t keep going downhill and the tank bounces back.  I sent out for a Triton ICP test yesterday.  I am keeping everything as stable as I can.  Nutrients are good.  There’s nothing else I can do but wait and keep doing what I am doing.   The tanks 1.5 year mark is in a couple weeks.  

• Sad 3
Thrassian Atoll
45 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Sorry for your troubles. I enjoy this tank. I hope it turns right back around.

Thanks, I appreciate it.