Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Coral Kingdom Of Thras ~ Waterbox 130.4 💦 ~ SPS Filling In

Thrassian Atoll

Thrassian Atoll
6 minutes ago, Amphrites said:

Yeah, I'm not sure, stopped typing my comment because It'd all be guessing anyway right? 
I'm sure there are dozens of morphs, the one I linked seems to lead blue-pink on tips and color to yellow-green on the base (the yellow green looks allot like yours, which is a tip?). And your frag doesn't seem like it could have even come from that animal he showed you, BUT it's a yellow millie - you don't see those often at all.

Yeah, wont know until it actually grows out.  The guy was a little hard to understand through texts.  I wanted the other 4 acros for sure and told him to throw a milli in and he said he would throw a piece in of that.  🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
Thrassian Atoll
6 minutes ago, pokerdobe said:

Please send to me. 

Give me like a year! 😂  He surprised me when he said he had some.  Mine lost a lot of color from shipping.  Here’s his colony photo.  Not many people seem to have it after Pengs colony died.

B16435B1-E020-4F54-B19D-64E44E383758.thumb.jpeg.8dbc39f8cfa2109f96d5e5e0ff82398a.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
6 minutes ago, Thrassian Atoll said:

Give me like a year! 😂  He surprised me when he said he had some.  Mine lost a lot of color from shipping.  Here’s his colony photo.  Not many people seem to have it after Pengs colony died.

B16435B1-E020-4F54-B19D-64E44E383758.thumb.jpeg.8dbc39f8cfa2109f96d5e5e0ff82398a.jpeg

It's an extremely uncommon piece at this point. Much like the OG purple monster. 

• Like 1
Thrassian Atoll
2 minutes ago, pokerdobe said:

It's an extremely uncommon piece at this point. Much like the OG purple monster. 

I don’t know what purple monster is.  I’ll have to google that.

mitten_reef
9 minutes ago, pokerdobe said:

Now you’re talking about the real unicorn, OG purple monster?  I thought unique coral brought in a few when Jake Adams went diving somewhere a few years ago. 

Edit: link here

https://reefbuilders.com/2015/08/05/tracked-purple-monster-acro-original-source/

• Like 3
1 minute ago, mitten_reef said:

Now you’re talking about the real unicorn, OG purple monster?  I thought unique coral brought in a few when Jake Adams went diving somewhere a few years ago. 

Supposedly someone local here has it. I'll have to drop by in person to check it out. I'm pretty sure farmerty has it as well - but it's nowhere near fraggable. Extremely slow grower. 

• Like 2
Thrassian Atoll
6 minutes ago, pokerdobe said:

Supposedly someone local here has it. I'll have to drop by in person to check it out. I'm pretty sure farmerty has it as well - but it's nowhere near fraggable. Extremely slow grower. 

That’s a good looking acro!  Just read that there was only one ever specimen found in the wild back in 1995.  Now is Tyrees the real deal?  The guy I got this frag pack from said he had Tyree Purple Monster.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Thrassian Atoll said:

That’s a good looking acro!  Just read that there was only one ever specimen found in the wild back in 1995.  Now is Tyrees the real deal?  The guy I got this frag pack from said he had Tyree Purple Monster.

Supposedly - if it's legit, I'd give it a shot for sure. It's not seen around, but I think it's a nice one to have. It won't be like the crazy rainbow acros you see these days, but I'm a sucker for nice, solid colored acros. 

• Like 3
Thrassian Atoll
1 minute ago, pokerdobe said:

Supposedly - if it's legit, I'd give it a shot for sure. It's not seen around, but I think it's a nice one to have. It won't be like the crazy rainbow acros you see these days, but I'm a sucker for nice, solid colored acros. 

Me too.  I am a fan of the old school stuff.  That’s why I wanted this Oregon Tort so bad.  Weird nobody around here had any.  Not a whole lot of the old ORA stuff around here really.  

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, pokerdobe said:

8 minutes ago, Thrassian Atoll said:

Me too.  I am a fan of the old school stuff.  That’s why I wanted this Oregon Tort so bad.  Weird nobody around here had any.  Not a whole lot of the old ORA stuff around here really.  

Uhg, I feel this, I just found an incredible monti-morph I've been looking for since before I even got setups running again, now I'm on the lookout for ATL silver-bullet staghorn, I think I found a store which has it in a display but they went dark on comms =( That Stag's got a reputation for outliving crashes which are intense enough to kill ugly shrooms.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Thrassian Atoll said:

OG tort is a must have. I also like the pink lemonade, red planet, garf bonsai. Even a place for the green slimer in my tank. 

3 minutes ago, Amphrites said:

Uhg, I feel this, I just found an incredible monti-morph I've been looking for since before I even got setups running again, now I'm on the lookout for ATL silver-bullet staghorn, I think I found a store which has it in a display but they went dark on comms =( That Stag's got a reputation for outliving crashes which are intense enough to kill ugly shrooms.

ATL silver bullet is new to me - it's a bluish stag? If so, It'd make a nice contrast to the green slimer. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Amphrites said:

It's not just blue, it's BLUE - almost a blueberry violet.
Here's a good thread for a few photos
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2665177

It may be chameleon, or a similar-morph, but that doesn't matter since both are impossible to find lol...

Kind of looks like this?

https://boomcorals.com/collections/acropora/products/sps-booms-blueberry-acro

• Like 2
Thrassian Atoll
9 hours ago, pokerdobe said:

OG tort is a must have. I also like the pink lemonade, red planet, garf bonsai. Even a place for the green slimer in my tank. 

ATL silver bullet is new to me - it's a bluish stag? If so, It'd make a nice contrast to the green slimer. 

Check out my sps list on the first page.  A ton of the old ones.  Now I am getting some of the higher end stuff.  Running out of room already.  

• Like 1
Thrassian Atoll
9 hours ago, Amphrites said:

It's not just blue, it's BLUE - almost a blueberry violet.
Here's a good thread for a few photos
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2665177

It may be chameleon, or a similar-morph, but that doesn't matter since both are impossible to find lol...

Wonder if it goes by another name?  Lots of the same stuff with different peoples name on it.  Somebody I get acros from thinks aa chameleon and wwc yellow tips is the same.  

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Hard to tell, could be lol, acros are so odd with color - but they mention the blueberry is greenish blue and the polyps seem too bright-, really it was the resiliency of that strain to tank-trauma which made it special moreso than its' color. Can you imagine acros which weather crashes better than LPS?

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Amphrites said:

Hard to tell, could be lol, acros are so odd with color - but they mention the blueberry is greenish blue and the polyps seem too bright-, really it was the resiliency of that strain to tank-trauma which made it special moreso than its' color. Can you imagine acros which weather crashes better than LPS?

Many of the older school acro's who have been in peoples tanks for a long time seem pretty hardy to me. Most ORA stuff.....Hawkins, Oregon Tort (most torts?), most tenius and stags. I lost some LPS in my move but my tort and hawkins didn't care. I dumped some peroxide on them 2 days ago to kill some bryopsis growing around them...thinking they would surely lose some flesh but they are fine. 

My Battlecoral Acro's didn't survive my move 😞 All of my Boom Corals did though. 

• Like 2
Thrassian Atoll
4 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Many of the older school acro's who have been in peoples tanks for a long time seem pretty hardy to me. Most ORA stuff.....Hawkins, Oregon Tort (most torts?), most tenius and stags. I lost some LPS in my move but my tort and hawkins didn't care. I dumped some peroxide on them 2 days ago to kill some bryopsis growing around them...thinking they would surely lose some flesh but they are fine. 

My Battlecoral Acro's didn't survive my move 😞 All of my Boom Corals did though. 

Yeah, some of that stuff is pretty much in the same class as montis, hardiness wise.  A lot of the higher end newer stuff if you like at it wrong it dies.  

Thrassian Atoll

My buddy’s coming down tomorrow and bringing me a ton of acros and a few montis.  I’ll throw up some photos and list what all I got after he leaves.  I get to try my new 30 plug zen frag rack!  Haha.  Swapped out the black side for clear.  I’ll see how it looks.

Somebody’s coming down too tomorrow

to buy my IM lagoon.  Been trying to sell that thing for 9 months now.  I was thinking of setting up a softie/angler tank but I changed my mind.  Just need to sell this hybrid nanobox now.  

• Like 4
Thrassian Atoll

New corals are here! 

Big R Candyland

Walt Disney

Jason Fox Weeble Wobble

Reef Raft Pink Floyd

WWC Sunfire Monti

Jason Fox Burning Banana Stylo

Green Blue tip Digi

Starburst Monti

ORA Frogskin

Ausie Highlighter 

F4C333DD-941B-4909-9AF4-1186DC7DE548.thumb.jpeg.1822912a8e89d2d6b13d05a74a3f925d.jpeg

6EC3CE39-543E-4DFF-B4C2-34DBF23C92BD.thumb.jpeg.1a1d776a966d56633531e0e37d36a635.jpeg

35A3D9DF-49F8-4F27-A79F-32CAD1905F97.thumb.jpeg.5f058c00c1f834232d148cadea270118.jpeg

6335A75C-E2FA-4AAA-8CEF-9DCA5DA69C55.thumb.jpeg.78a480bc077642a52abbc7d021c9f271.jpeg

FCDA2E29-39F0-4862-871B-993FA72B5500.thumb.jpeg.4581a663b1ca2633b4cbac42004eedab.jpeg

4E88AAFC-5ACB-4706-A285-633B40365D67.thumb.jpeg.574a13da0fa003a72aa44c09a82b95db.jpeg

720C2BD3-DF4C-4AFC-A2E3-C4597E16FCC7.thumb.jpeg.01059bca59a0ff878e2f25fccad115de.jpeg

FA240390-E2C6-4D96-92BF-BE0097B22FAF.thumb.jpeg.aad86a487d99e94146ae273372efaae4.jpeg

• Wow 2
Thrassian Atoll
2 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

I spy some nice clean sand 😄

It’s nice today!!  Sucked out the Dinos last night during my water change.  Had to make a good impression on my reef buddy.  First time he’s seen the tank in person.  😂

• Like 3