Jump to content
ReefahBarra84

Official Lifegard Aquatics club?

Recommended Posts

ReefahBarra84

Would anyone be Interested in making an official lifegard Aquatics tank thread or club?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
devaji108

YES I think it would be a great idea not a ton of info on this cool little tanks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
TatorTaco

Please tag me if/when one gets created. 

Share this post


Link to post
ReefahBarra84

I'm not sure how to organize such a group. We'll  definitely need help from @Christopher Marks

Could even be called Lifegard Aquatics All-In-One thread.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
TatorTaco

Even if did get approved, someone would have to take the lead and do an introductory posts. Right?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
ReefahBarra84
8 hours ago, TatorTaco said:

Even if did get approved, someone would have to take the lead and do an introductory posts. Right?

I suppose so. Lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
ReefahBarra84

Looks pretty simple to start. Just an introduction background, and then links to people's tanks! Looks like we'd be pioneers. Haha. I'd be willing to do it. IF That works for everyone 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
devaji108
17 hours ago, ReefahBarra84 said:

Looks pretty simple to start. Just an introduction background, and then links to people's tanks! Looks like we'd be pioneers. Haha. I'd be willing to do it. IF That works for everyone 

please do!  what size of lifegard tank do you have?

I am playing around with the idea of the 14.6  but i hear the filter area Is small and hard to work with.  

Share this post


Link to post
ReefahBarra84

I just bought the 24.09!!

7 hours ago, devaji108 said:

please do!  what size of lifegard tank do you have?

I am playing around with the idea of the 14.6  but i hear the filter area Is small and hard to work with.  

Well, we could all just hit up intank for custom stuff to be made for us 🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
ReefahBarra84
On 7/28/2019 at 7:18 PM, TatorTaco said:

Please tag me if/when one gets created. 

I will!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
TatorTaco
1 hour ago, ReefahBarra84 said:

I just bought the 24.09!!

Well, we could all just hit up intank for custom stuff to be made for us 🙂

They do custom stuff? I had a heck of a time finding a filter floss holder that I could make work on my tank. I didn’t even bother trying to make a caddy. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
devaji108

^ yeah I did not know there did custom either, course I admit I have not looked in to it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
xredlinexx1

I'm very interested in this. 2 months ago I switched over from a 2.5 gallon to the 3.8 side filter lifegard aquatics tank. I very much love the tank, but have had much frustration getting correct flow through the back chambers. I think i have it almost perfected now, and may have some suggestions for people trying to maximize the tiny chamber space.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
TatorTaco
14 minutes ago, xredlinexx1 said:

I'm very interested in this. 2 months ago I switched over from a 2.5 gallon to the 3.8 side filter lifegard aquatics tank. I very much love the tank, but have had much frustration getting correct flow through the back chambers. I think i have it almost perfected now, and may have some suggestions for people trying to maximize the tiny chamber space.

 

I have the 4.14 and use a MJ 606 with the bottom intank plugged shut and I’m super happy. Granted, it’s restricted as much as possible. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Christopher Marks
On 7/28/2019 at 4:53 PM, ReefahBarra84 said:

I'm not sure how to organize such a group. We'll  definitely need help from @Christopher Marks

Could even be called Lifegard Aquatics All-In-One thread.

You should start one here in this forum, there should be a home base for Lifegard Crystal AIO tank owners! It's as easy as starting a topic just like this, someone just has to take the lead to get the ball rolling.

 

This topic is already on its way to becoming one haha, but you could start a new one to be more formal, or just edit your first post here. Begin by posting the tank specs from Lifegard Aquatics and state the purpose of the topic (to share lifegard tank info, mods, equipment that is compatible, links to journals, etc.). 🙂 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
xredlinexx1
2 hours ago, TatorTaco said:

 

I have the 4.14 and use a MJ 606 with the bottom intank plugged shut and I’m super happy. Granted, it’s restricted as much as possible. 

I actually just switched from a sicce micra to the smallest return pump, the Tunze universal mini. I did this because its just small enough to allow my heater to fit beside it in the return chamber. I also finally decided to block the bottom intake as well. Doesn't your pump, pump out too fast for the inflow to keep up?

Share this post


Link to post
TatorTaco

Guys, I messaged @Christopher Marks and he said that anyone can create the group. Once it gains traction he can sticky it in the forum as a resource.

 

So, we need a volunteer to search and assemble the current Lifegard Tank Journals, do an introduction, etc. 

 

Might I suggest we copy the successful formats used on the Fusions, Red Seas, etc? Keep in my you’d need to be a regular poster because (I think) if you decide to leave NR, nobody can make edits other than the original author. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
ReefahBarra84

I'll do it!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
ReefahBarra84

It's up!!!!

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...