ReefCleaners.org

Official Lifegard Aquatics club?

ReefahBarra84

ReefahBarra84
8 hours ago, TatorTaco said:

Even if did get approved, someone would have to take the lead and do an introductory posts. Right?

I suppose so. Lol. 

ReefahBarra84

Looks pretty simple to start. Just an introduction background, and then links to people's tanks! Looks like we'd be pioneers. Haha. I'd be willing to do it. IF That works for everyone 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
17 hours ago, ReefahBarra84 said:

Looks pretty simple to start. Just an introduction background, and then links to people's tanks! Looks like we'd be pioneers. Haha. I'd be willing to do it. IF That works for everyone 

please do!  what size of lifegard tank do you have?

I am playing around with the idea of the 14.6  but i hear the filter area Is small and hard to work with.  

ReefahBarra84

I just bought the 24.09!!

7 hours ago, devaji108 said:

please do!  what size of lifegard tank do you have?

I am playing around with the idea of the 14.6  but i hear the filter area Is small and hard to work with.  

Well, we could all just hit up intank for custom stuff to be made for us 🙂

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ReefahBarra84 said:

I just bought the 24.09!!

Well, we could all just hit up intank for custom stuff to be made for us 🙂

They do custom stuff? I had a heck of a time finding a filter floss holder that I could make work on my tank. I didn’t even bother trying to make a caddy. 

• Like 1
xredlinexx1

I'm very interested in this. 2 months ago I switched over from a 2.5 gallon to the 3.8 side filter lifegard aquatics tank. I very much love the tank, but have had much frustration getting correct flow through the back chambers. I think i have it almost perfected now, and may have some suggestions for people trying to maximize the tiny chamber space.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, xredlinexx1 said:

I'm very interested in this. 2 months ago I switched over from a 2.5 gallon to the 3.8 side filter lifegard aquatics tank. I very much love the tank, but have had much frustration getting correct flow through the back chambers. I think i have it almost perfected now, and may have some suggestions for people trying to maximize the tiny chamber space.

I have the 4.14 and use a MJ 606 with the bottom intank plugged shut and I’m super happy. Granted, it’s restricted as much as possible. 

• Like 1
Christopher Marks
On 7/28/2019 at 4:53 PM, ReefahBarra84 said:

I'm not sure how to organize such a group. We'll  definitely need help from @Christopher Marks

Could even be called Lifegard Aquatics All-In-One thread.

You should start one here in this forum, there should be a home base for Lifegard Crystal AIO tank owners! It's as easy as starting a topic just like this, someone just has to take the lead to get the ball rolling.

This topic is already on its way to becoming one haha, but you could start a new one to be more formal, or just edit your first post here. Begin by posting the tank specs from Lifegard Aquatics and state the purpose of the topic (to share lifegard tank info, mods, equipment that is compatible, links to journals, etc.). 🙂 

• Like 1
xredlinexx1
2 hours ago, TatorTaco said:

I have the 4.14 and use a MJ 606 with the bottom intank plugged shut and I’m super happy. Granted, it’s restricted as much as possible. 

I actually just switched from a sicce micra to the smallest return pump, the Tunze universal mini. I did this because its just small enough to allow my heater to fit beside it in the return chamber. I also finally decided to block the bottom intake as well. Doesn't your pump, pump out too fast for the inflow to keep up?

Guys, I messaged @Christopher Marks and he said that anyone can create the group. Once it gains traction he can sticky it in the forum as a resource.

So, we need a volunteer to search and assemble the current Lifegard Tank Journals, do an introduction, etc. 

Might I suggest we copy the successful formats used on the Fusions, Red Seas, etc? Keep in my you’d need to be a regular poster because (I think) if you decide to leave NR, nobody can make edits other than the original author. 

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
ReefahBarra84
On 7/30/2019 at 2:46 PM, TatorTaco said:

Guys, I messaged @Christopher Marks and he said that anyone can create the group. Once it gains traction he can sticky it in the forum as a resource.

So, we need a volunteer to search and assemble the current Lifegard Tank Journals, do an introduction, etc. 

Might I suggest we copy the successful formats used on the Fusions, Red Seas, etc? Keep in my you’d need to be a regular poster because (I think) if you decide to leave NR, nobody can make edits other than the original author. 

I'm game! Let's keep this rolling