Cultivated Reef

NEW CommunityCorals - Your Marketplace For Aquacultured Corals

CommunityCorals

CommunityCorals

Dear Nano Reef Community,

my Name is Dominique and I just joined the Nano Reef Community - So hello to all of you! 😊

I would like to introduce you to a new concept in the reefing space. The concept is called "CommunityCorals" and is a marketplace for aquacultured corals. CommunityCorals goal is to support the reefing community to easily buy and sell frags and get independant from wild collections.

For coral Farmers there is always a challenge to find a place with good traffic, nice people and easy processes.

For coral Buyers it is always a challenge to trawl through the web and find nice frags at an affordable price or even in the local region.

CommunityCorals is up to support with those challenges an provide a FREE plattform to connect sellers and buyers and allow for a self-sustaining reefing community.  To check the website just visit www.community-corals.com

To give Farmers (That is how we call our sellers 😘some insights I added some screenshots that shall allow you to understand the concept. For even more information just click HERE.

I would love to get some feedback from you about the concept and it´s possibilities.

Best regards

Dominique

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Edited by CommunityCorals
Correction of Typo
  • Like 4
  • Christopher Marks featured this topic

link doesn't work.  great concept but how are you going to differentiate yourself from ebay or facebook groups?  How are you making money?  Through ads?  

Is that a typo in your first infographics with "all or services"?  "We are proud to be part of this journey and offer all or services FREE OF CHARGE".

CommunityCorals
5 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

link doesn't work.  great concept but how are you going to differentiate yourself from ebay or facebook groups?  How are you making money?  Through ads?  

Is that a typo in your first infographics with "all or services"?  "We are proud to be part of this journey and offer all or services FREE OF CHARGE".

Hey, thank you for your response. I just fixed the typo from "or" to "our" ☺️

In regards to the link - What exact issue do you have? For me the link just works fine. Does anyone else have an issue with the link? www.community-corals.com

Differentiation from ebay and facebook is easy I think. As ebay charges 10% commission I guess the pricing would be the biggest factor for differentiation. But also for people who like to pick up their frags in local region CommunityCorals offers a geo location filter. That way you can easily find frags in your region and choose pickup option at checkout.

For Facebook I guess the e-commerce processes of CommunityCorals will be the main benefit for both buyers and Farmers. I think it´s way easier for a buyer to just filter items in a shop environment, put items on a wishlist or cart, visit a FarmerShop to see what other items the vendor has to offer, place an order, receive order confirmation mails with integrated shipping tracking etc etc. - Same for Farmers. You receive an order, payment and ship the item - It´s just less time consuming.

I think the big benefit of Facebook is the reach but the downside is the hustle of managing the sale. Also we need to keep in mind that Facebook is shutting down groups in which coral are sold as this is a violation of their terms.

At the moment I do not care for making any money. I have the same concept up and running since two years in Germany where I earn a commission on every sale (Ebay doesn´t allow coral sales in Germany). As Software is payed for I just decided to launch CommunityCorals in US as a "fun project" and I might put some decent ads on the website in the future.

What do you think? Hope my thoughts make sense? 

Dominique

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
CommunityCorals

Thank you - Mobile functionality is already quite good. App is a long story but we are still working on it. Maybe two month to go. 

On 8/17/2019 at 2:39 AM, CommunityCorals said:

Thank you - Mobile functionality is already quite good. App is a long story but we are still working on it. Maybe two month to go. 

Very interested.  If you can diversify and get more reach and diversity for local pick ups, it would help the reef community grow tremendously.  Good luck and I'll be following the progress as much as possible.

• Like 1
VaporCountry

Really like this idea, I hope it catches on. Facebook is cracking down on all the sales on their platform. If you could get the word out to all the sellers on there I could see this being pretty big

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
CommunityCorals

Hey, thanks for your feedback. Haven´t got any notification per mail?! So sorry for late reply.

On 8/18/2019 at 11:22 PM, Txplicit said:

Very interested.  If you can diversify and get more reach and diversity for local pick ups, it would help the reef community grow tremendously.  Good luck and I'll be following the progress as much as possible.

Just made the geo location search finally work again. With this you can just shop products and farmers in your region. On checkout you than just choose local pickup as shipping option. So I actually also try to foster the local pickups. 

On 8/19/2019 at 7:20 AM, VaporCountry said:

Really like this idea, I hope it catches on. Facebook is cracking down on all the sales on their platform. If you could get the word out to all the sellers on there I could see this being pretty big

Thanks. I am trying to get in contact with coral farmers but so far they are not too responsive 😄 - Will still keep pushing for spreading word as I am quite convinced that whole reefing community can benefit from the platform.

BR

Dominique

• Thanks 1
  • Recommended Discussions