Coral Vue Hydros

Three gobies in 10 gallon?

Weby3000

Hi all I am very new to this forum and the saltwater hobby in general. I am currently planning out my stocking for my 10 gallon tank. I would like to do a fire fish, watchman goby, neon goby, cleaner shrimp, two pompom crabs, and a few nerite snails. Please address any problems with these plans. The main question I have is, is it completely ridiculous of me to keep three gobies in a 10 gallon? I obviously want what’s best for the fish so please let me know. 

Welcome to NR!  I personally think that your selection is a bit overzealous.  Here's a link where you can get a feel for what is compatible.  The Yellow Watchman Goby will need a larger tank.  A firefish and neon goby might work since they'll hang around different parts of the tank. 

Should be fine, introduce the fish slowly and allow the biological filtration of the tank to be established. None of the fish are particularly aggressive or territorial. For the shrimp/watchmen goby i’d recommend a smaller species with a Randall’s pistol shrimp (smaller and less disruptive than tiger pistol shrimp)

• Like 1

@1.0reefthanks for the info! I added the fire fish and snails a day ago and am going to wait a bit to see how they do before adding more. My fire fish is MIA, but I’m hoping he’s just establishing a hiding spot.

Those fish sounds fine for your tank. But I’d skip the cleaner shrimp if you have corals like lps since they will harass them usually by stealing food from them. 

• 3 weeks later...

I would also vote to swap the watchman for a smaller species of shrimp goby. 

When I had a watchmen in with a firefish in a 12g cube....the watchman eventually started attacking the firefish because he didn't want the firefish using the rock near him as a bolt hole.

Ok so this might be too much but could I do a royal gramma and a clown goby with my fire fish? My LFS has some very young royal grammas and I was wondering if I could do it.