Top Shelf Aquatics

Project Scumbag 2g POS !!!

Reefkid88

13 minutes ago, sean86114 said:

very nice of you, but youre on the other coast lol.. I will pm you for sure if I need to make it. right now I have to worry about my 14g peninsula. need to save up for a longfin black ice smh... 

Well let me know,I can give you an amazing deal. I usually always have DIY stuff so just ket me know. You won't need much. I have 5 leds yielding VERY good par before I built my current array.

No ,the tank isn't even wet yet. I'm waiting on a fellow reefer that has a ATO I may trade him for.  Then I just need salt then I will start the cycle. I plan to get a small piece of live rock from @Top Shelf Aquatics and let it cycle and get stable with params and all that for a month or 2 and then add sps. 

Doing a sps pico again,I miss them. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, sean86114 said:

wow! only big dog does SPS lol.. 

They are not only for the big dogs lol. Check out my signatures,I had a 2g sps cube. Stability is the biggest factor.  

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, sean86114 said:

Are you an electrical engineer or something? Lol

when are you getting your tank wet? Lol it’s so paintful waiting to cycle...

Hahahaha not even close,a mechanical plumber by trade. Ummm,whenever I get an ATO and salt. Still trying to figure out which salt I want to use. I'm not worried about it,I'm just going to let it cycle for a month or 2 and be sps ready then stock 'er full. 

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

Well the ATO I traded for,the diaphragm I guess is shot. Its not pulling any water or letting any water out..  I guess things will be on hold until I get a new one -__-

EDIT: So I took the whole pump apart,soaked everything in distilled vinegar and water for about 4 hours,got some air going thru everything but still nothing worked,so I filled the white pieces around under the rubber diaphragm's and I got water flow. 

I have been testing everything to make sure its good to go,and it looks like it is. So tomorrow I'm hoping to get to WWC to get some water !!!  

20191129_224725.jpg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, lilmatty5dimes said:

How are you going to be cycling this?

Shrimp maybe or MB7 ? I plan on a long cycle and just letting it brew for awhile. Not in too much of a rush atm. 

• Like 1
lilmatty5dimes
On 11/30/2019 at 11:04 AM, Reefkid88 said:

Shrimp maybe or MB7 ? I plan on a long cycle and just letting it brew for awhile. Not in too much of a rush atm. 

Gotcha. Scape is looking good man. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

Great to see this tank getting close to water! The light you’ve built is rad!

Thank you muchly sir !!! I'm happy its getting closer. 

As for the light,I built it over powered for a reason. I'm sure you know I like to switch tanks a lot lol and this could cover a 7g cube,IM 10-14 and everything in between lol. I'm still not 115% happy with it,but it will do the job. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
HookedOnAquariums

Finally i found your tank thread! 

I think you may have ended up with the remanants of my diy led light that I sold to some guy on the other forum. Looking good tho! Post some updates maybe!

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/19/2019 at 9:30 AM, HookedOnAquariums said:

Finally i found your tank thread! 

I think you may have ended up with the remanants of my diy led light that I sold to some guy on the other forum. Looking good tho! Post some updates maybe!

I want to say I got that off of you on R2R Lol. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Well every week I drive 4 hours for out of town work ( from Orlando to Tallahassee ),the hours are killing me and I have lost motivation and interest yet again. 

Part of me wants to sell everything and every bit of me knows I will regret it once I do lol. I'm just struggling at the moment. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

It's funny for some crazy reason I have had this thought for a couple years now that I would find a post from you on here telling us you were going to start building light fixtures for sale. And making hybrid units like adding LEDS to T-5 fixtures, repairs and upgrades to existing fixtures. OK so maybe I was wrong but I do believe you are correct that selling everything would not be a good idea.