Reefkid88

Project Scumbag 2g POS !!!

Reefkid88

Summary:

Trying to get back into the game with this scumbag of a setup. Its been way too long. I'm just wanting a simple,effective,easy tank to have. Nothing fancy,just a fun project. I don't really have a plan at the moment,just gonna let it cycle for awhile once I get what I need and when that happens I will figure out stocking. 

Details:

[What I have]

-DBSP 2g Betta Tank with a ghetto false wall. 

- Jebao DC650

-Stax Rocks

-Bunch of filter media

-BioCube Skimmer

-----‐------------------------------------------------------------

[What I need]

-Coral Box N50 ATO

-Light

-Betta Heater

-Salt

-Money

-Time

-Patience 

20190719_134455.jpg

• Like 4

Tamberav

Looks good, I like the little arch 🙂

• Like 2

Reefkid88
Just now, Tamberav said:

Looks good, I like the little arch 🙂

Thank you,thank you. I really like it as well,but I may make a new scape. Who knows,if anyone knows me here I am never happy with anything lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Tamberav
26 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

Thank you,thank you. I really like it as well,but I may make a new scape. Who knows,if anyone knows me here I am never happy with anything lol. 

Ya I am guilty of moving corals too much which probably messes with their growth.

• Like 1

Reefkid88

I'm usually pretty good with leaving the corals alone,but my lighting is what I always mess with lol. 

14 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Ya I am guilty of moving corals too much which probably messes with their growth.

On another note,I did get something for free yesterday off of Offer Up 🤔

• Like 1

Reefkid88

Got a new light project coming my way,gonna be fun and a par monster :happydance:

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_2345.jpg

• Like 2

Reefkid88

I'll just leave this here:

20190803_200555.jpg

20190803_194219.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Reefkid88

Messes with the array,and I think I am going to leave it as it is (2x Semi Royal Blue,1x Semi Nw,2x VioSys 430nm) just on 1 driver. Even though I would love to add a cool blue and a 390 bit it is what it is. The light definitely isn't as purple as it looks in the pics,its more of a crisp blueish white. 

I need to order 1 more single driver and run just royals and violets. I'm half tempted to take the light to TSA and test the light and see just what the numbers are. @Top Shelf Aquatics what do you think ? 

20190810_211415.jpg

20190810_200011.jpg

• Like 2

Reefkid88

Took the light and tank to TSA a few minutes ago and put a par meter under the light. At 6" at the top of the rock was 235-250 par,on the bottom of the tank against the front glass it was 115-125 front corners it was 80. I will say that was without water,which honestly surprised me for only being 5 leds at 700mah @ 100%.

With the light sitting right on the top of he tank par was 880-900 lmao and 400-425 at the bottom against the front glass 200 in the left and right corners. 

4" give or take above the tank the light put 400-415 down at the top of the rocks,180-210 at the bottom front glass and 100-120 in the front corners. 

Overall I am pretty happy with the light and honestly did not think it would even get close to those numbers.