Pod Your Reef

Project Scumbag 2g POS !!!

Reefkid88

2 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

It's funny for some crazy reason I have had this thought for a couple years now that I would find a post from you on here telling us you were going to start building light fixtures for sale. And making hybrid units like adding LEDS to T-5 fixtures, repairs and upgrades to existing fixtures. OK so maybe I was wrong but I do believe you are correct that selling everything would not be a good idea.

If NanoBox was not relevant,and people would pay what I could build custom lights for I honestly would. But on average lights would cost almost as much as Tides do if not more. 

Most people are like myself look for things on a tight budget,and aren't willing to spend $150-$200 on a custom light where warranty,returns and parts aren't hugely offered like NBR and big names companies offer. For someone to offer those services,you would have to buy leds,drivers,power supplies and other parts in bulk and that is the harder and more expensive part of it.

As much as I would LOVE to offer that I don't think the backing from hobbyist would be there. Now if people want me to build them a light by all means,I will and not even hesitate but I haven't had anyone message me asking in a long time lol. 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

Well every week I drive 4 hours for out of town work ( from Orlando to Tallahassee ),the hours are killing me and I have lost motivation and interest yet again. 

Part of me wants to sell everything and every bit of me knows I will regret it once I do lol. I'm just struggling at the moment. 

Don't sell your equipment.  This too shall pass....

Thankfully this week is supposed to be my last week going out of town,only because my wife is due with our 2nd the first week of April. 

Another note though,eventually the tank WILL get going,I just need to find my groove and some ambition and I will be good I think. 

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Been hitting the pawn shops hard the last few weeks,scored a bunch today. Got a Nikon N75 that had a brand new Sigma 70-300 super macro lens attached for $15,Nikon 25-50mm for $5 and a Nikon N65 with a 18-55mm attached for $10 and grabbed a new filters. Spent $42 for everything lol. Only the Sigma is in pristine condition but they all work and the glass is clean !!! 

15824078055061241241075888806983.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • 3 weeks later...

If I'm to get rid of the set up would there be any interest in anything ? 

I have:

-Jebao DC650

-DIY led: Storm Controller (3 channel set up),3 ldd drivers,psu,NBR new array,added violets and royals.

-BRS Carbon (never opened)

-BWA Kalk (never opened)

-JBJ ATO w/ Aqua Lifter 

And I'm sure I have some other crap laying around. I just don't have the time nor motivation to get it going. Our 2nd son will be born in under a month,I will be moving in June and possibly to GA within the next year 😶

• 1 month later...
Reefkid88

So... I may have done a thing... 😎

20200508_185922.jpg

I may return it,the "supplied" foam mat was not in the tank,and my dumb self forgot I had a "false wall" from another tank that I think would work PERFECT in their 5.5g rimless 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I figured I need to leak test the tank,so I threw some rocks in it,threw my frosted piece of acrylic on the light,put the filter on it ( I wanted to kill the shimmer of the leds,so this was the test. Which it has VERY minimal shimmer !!!!),filled 'er up. 

So I will let it sit over night and are what happens. 

20200510_001340.jpg

I also spray painted my false wall I had in case I want to re-use it in this tank. 

20200510_002954.jpg

I went ahead and took the diy false wall out of the 2g as well just in case I ever wanted a sump. 

20200510_004244.jpg

I also have pvc stuff to sump it,but its 1/2" and idk if that would be good enough,or I should go with 3/4". I have 90's,45's,threaded 90's,ball valves. I just need check valves. 

20200510_004416.jpg

Diffuser for the light.

20200510_004738.jpg

• Like 3
debbeach13

Selling stuff, buying stuff, setting up, upgrading to a larger tank. I never know what he is doing. But I follow along because some day. These pictures might be a set up. Might just be a leak test. Who knows.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
7 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Selling stuff, buying stuff, setting up, upgrading to a larger tank. I never know what he is doing. But I follow along because some day. These pictures might be a set up. Might just be a leak test. Who knows.

I'm f**king dead omg lmaooooo 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂 !!! But you are right,I am one or the most indecisive people in the world. 

• Haha 4

Speaking of being indecisive lol I ordered a few leds last night.  I can't say I'm 110% happy with the spectrum of the v3.1 array. 

I got:

1- 390-400nm

1- 410-420nm

1- 430nm 

2- 445-455nm UMB 

4- Sunplus 445nm

1- True Blue

1- Cyan

1- Warm White

I want a DEEP DEEP blue I remember the Luxeon Rebel's had. So I may order a few. Suppesdly from what Jeff at StevesLeds says,the Sunplus are a better overall spectrum than Rebel's but we shall see.. 

• Like 2