ReefCleaners.org

Project Scumbag 2g POS !!!

Reefkid88

Summary:

Trying to get back into the game with this scumbag of a setup. Its been way too long. I'm just wanting a simple,effective,easy tank to have. Nothing fancy,just a fun project. I don't really have a plan at the moment,just gonna let it cycle for awhile once I get what I need and when that happens I will figure out stocking. 

Details:

[What I have]

-DBSP 2g Betta Tank with a ghetto false wall. 

- Jebao DC650

-Stax Rocks

-Bunch of filter media

-BioCube Skimmer

-----‐------------------------------------------------------------

[What I need]

-Coral Box N50 ATO

-Light

-Betta Heater

-Salt

-Money

-Time

-Patience 

20190719_134455.jpg

• Like 6
Just now, Tamberav said:

Looks good, I like the little arch 🙂

Thank you,thank you. I really like it as well,but I may make a new scape. Who knows,if anyone knows me here I am never happy with anything lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
26 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

Thank you,thank you. I really like it as well,but I may make a new scape. Who knows,if anyone knows me here I am never happy with anything lol. 

Ya I am guilty of moving corals too much which probably messes with their growth.

• Like 1

I'm usually pretty good with leaving the corals alone,but my lighting is what I always mess with lol. 

14 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Ya I am guilty of moving corals too much which probably messes with their growth.

On another note,I did get something for free yesterday off of Offer Up 🤔

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Messes with the array,and I think I am going to leave it as it is (2x Semi Royal Blue,1x Semi Nw,2x VioSys 430nm) just on 1 driver. Even though I would love to add a cool blue and a 390 bit it is what it is. The light definitely isn't as purple as it looks in the pics,its more of a crisp blueish white. 

I need to order 1 more single driver and run just royals and violets. I'm half tempted to take the light to TSA and test the light and see just what the numbers are. @Top Shelf Aquatics what do you think ? 

20190810_211415.jpg

20190810_200011.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Took the light and tank to TSA a few minutes ago and put a par meter under the light. At 6" at the top of the rock was 235-250 par,on the bottom of the tank against the front glass it was 115-125 front corners it was 80. I will say that was without water,which honestly surprised me for only being 5 leds at 700mah @ 100%.

With the light sitting right on the top of he tank par was 880-900 lmao and 400-425 at the bottom against the front glass 200 in the left and right corners. 

4" give or take above the tank the light put 400-415 down at the top of the rocks,180-210 at the bottom front glass and 100-120 in the front corners. 

Overall I am pretty happy with the light and honestly did not think it would even get close to those numbers. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So since getting the StevesLeds drivers,I have had a problem with one not dimming and one not working. So I found a BF Mini,7 ldd's,a handful of leds,NBR 3.1 array and PSU for $55 so I got that coming to me and probably be running that set up for a light. 

Soo,what I am thinking of doing with the light whenever the dude decides to ship the stuff.. Run the NanoBox array with the BF Mini and LDD's having that as my "MAIN" source of light being full spectrum and running a pretty balanced spectrum light,having the percentages probably close to 50/50/50/50 or 35/35/35/35 on all the channels coming on early/mid afternoon to early early evening (2-6ish) then ramp down and shut down.  Having 2 hours of full actinic at the start of the schedule and 2 at the end. 

Then using my Steves 700ma driver,psu and other leds as a early actinic lighting using single diodes which will be royals and violets coming on from 12-8pm to wind things down image.gif.b3e0aebaf209d78018b58291c560e901.gif

All in all I think I may need a bigger tank lol. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, lilmatty5dimes said:

Bro just get a bigger tank. Lol you know your going to be getting one here soon anyways. Lol

We will see. I have a 5g AGA and a 7g bow in the garage,they may get used. 

Looking like I will have to switch controllers. The BF and my wifi back in my bedroom are clashing due to weak signal so a Storm X is on its way this week. 

ohh snap!!! all hi-tec and fancy with the lights... I think is is more risky than me having float concept lol.. if i do that I might fried myself up lol 

looking good!!

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, sean86114 said:

ohh snap!!! all hi-tec and fancy with the lights... I think is is more risky than me having float concept lol.. if i do that I might fried myself up lol 

looking good!!

Haha thanks. Its not that complicated. Most of the time they are cheaper than buying a off the shelf light. I paid under $100 shipped for all my led stuff. 

I do need to add,just the violets and mints produce a very very nice white,definitely looks more purple because well cell phone cameras suck. Definitely a crisp white in real life:

20191004_204112.jpg

• Like 2

that is some next nevel!! I wanted to start my fluval evo 5 that I have in my storage but I dont have or want to spend lots of money on the light...

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, sean86114 said:

that is some next nevel!! I wanted to start my fluval evo 5 that I have in my storage but I dont have or want to spend lots of money on the light...

Thanks man !!! Are you out of the US or in the states  ? 

16 minutes ago, sean86114 said:

I am in Vancouver canada... very expensive here. downsizing all the way from 180g oceanic (back in the days) to a pico due to cost of living 

Oh okay,well if you are interested I have some spare things I could send you depending on how absolutely terrible shipping would be I have:

heatsink

royal blues

neutral whites

mints

1x 700ma stevesled driver that doesn't dim. 

All you would need is a small power supply !!! 

very nice of you, but youre on the other coast lol.. I will pm you for sure if I need to make it. right now I have to worry about my 14g peninsula. need to save up for a longfin black ice smh...