Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Anemone shrivelled and expelling waste or zoo

errand

My two nems have been going extremely well, they are new - 4 weeks and 2 weeks. The bubbletip is always fat and the corkscrew is magnificent and always opened up massively.

Two things have changed recently - i upgraded my lights to AI Prime HD, although i'm running them on acclimatisation mode. The other thing changed is I fed them both a little fish each yesterday - the BTA half a fish, about an inch long, and the corkscrew a whole 2 inch fish cut in half. 

They gobbled it up, the corkscrew was a bottle green the rest of the afternoon, it appeared to enjoy it.

This morning BTA was normal, midday comes and she is shrivelled up and expelling what I thought was zooxantellae, as I've seen my hammer coral do that when i first got it. The corkscrew was also almost closed up. I panicked and did a 25% water change, dimmed the lights. The corkscrew's mouth is open a bit, but the host clown's fat head is in there so I can't see inside it.

I am wondering/hoping they are just getting rid of the massive fish feed they had yesterday, rather than suddenly dying??

BTA color is normal she just looks wilted, and corkscrew color is also normal. All the other corals are normal looking.

water parameters after the change - ph 7.99, ammonia .014, alkalinity 7, salinity is a little high, .028 but it's been like that for weeks, calcium is over 600, and magnesium is quite high, around 1800 [not sure why].

I'm tempted to just wait and watch them as I try not to fiddle with the tank too much. Has anyone who feeds their nem large meals seen this, is this post feed or is this some horrid disaster??

20190708_112840 (2).jpg

20190721_151124 (2).jpg

20190719_114130 (2).jpg

20190721_151224 (2).jpg

~ ammonia is a bit high for my tank it's usually .006 but the skimmer was unplugged for a day - first thing I noticed was hundreds of copepods on the glass then saw the seneye complaining, so fixed the skimmer. I've dosed with prime to get it back down.

Sorry guys I think I panicked for nothing, tonight they both are back to normal. I'm not sure what happened though, if they do it again I will try to take notes and more pictures. And I won't feed them fish until next week.