SaltCritters.com

ReefahBarra's AguaBox 20 "Nuvo Fusion 20 PRO" Adventure (Really this time!)

ReefahBarra84

ReefahBarra84

Let me first start off by saying , It's great to be back! I've been out the Aquarium game for 4 years, and even longer since I've had an actual reef display tank.  I currently work in the aquarium service industry, so I have the opportunity to work around reefs on a daily basis, so I guess I was never really gone! Anywho, onto the journal. My inspiration for this re-entry into the hobby was an Innovative Marine 14 Peninsula. Let me just say, I've been in this hobby since 2004, and kept tanks of all sizes. But these nano tanks are really awesome looking. Although it isn't packed with fancy corals, it's still nice. 

After a couple setbacks, I finally settled on a tank. The UNS tank  wanted was backordered for the foreseeable future. 

I just ordered the Lifegard 24.09..funny thing, ie that every single one of these tanks fit within my space constraints!

tucgyv6kwaxy.thumb.jpg.69e62ba18d655421a5996fca38e6e42a.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
ReefahBarra84

Originally bought alot of these corals 6 -12 months ago with the Intention of using my nuvo 30l, but it broke during transit. Heres the specs I'm thinking about going for my tank profile

Tank : tbd

Flow: aquamai KPS

Lighting:   Maxspect X 100

Skimmer: tbd

Filtration: INtank poly + chemipure blue

ATO: Tunze nano 

Dosing : ESV B-Ionic with two Kamoer X1s

Planned corals coming soon!

Stay tuned!

Screenshot_20190727-070727_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190727-070739_Chrome.jpg

ReefahBarra84
1 hour ago, Christopher Marks said:

Welcome back @ReefahBarra84! That's a killer collection of coral frags, looking forward to seeing what you create with your custom peninsula tank plans 🙂 

Thank you sir! Yeah, I've done a bit of collecting for my "eventual" display.  I've got some cool lps too. Basically, alot of furniture without the house... haha

ReefahBarra84

Well, quick update . I scrapped my custom peninsula plans . (Way too expensive) lol.

Anyways, the tank I ordered is a UNS 20 gallon 60A Standard All in one. Dimensions are; 23._"x 14.17"x 14.17" . This one actually works alot better for my situation in the long run, more water volume, and $200 less than the custom system.  Stay tuned! Screenshot_20190725-183301_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5533086f91f3f679e743f878ca4d7f65.jpg

Screenshot_20190725-183309_Chrome.jpg

On 7/22/2019 at 8:56 AM, ReefahBarra84 said:

More eye candy!!

20190722_094547.jpg

20190722_094511.jpg

20190722_094529.jpg

20190722_093704.jpg

What is the 3rd coral? The green and orange one. I had one just like it for a long while but just ended up getting rid of it. Ive always wondered what the name was. 

• Like 1

Hmm interesting! I am not familiar with UNS, so I am looking forward to seeing one of their AIOs! Seems pretty promising.

I hope this one doesn't break on you in transit! 😁

• Haha 1
ReefahBarra84
6 hours ago, billygoat said:

Hmm interesting! I am not familiar with UNS, so I am looking forward to seeing one of their AIOs! Seems pretty promising.

I hope this one doesn't break on you in transit! 😁

Yeah, the only thing is that it seems they only have 2 online retailers . Apparently, the 60A is on back-order. Just found out today. Hopefully it sorts itself out. Because, if it doesn't, I'm just going to get the fusion 20 Pro, and call it a day. Literally the same dimensions. When I began this, I was limited to a particular dresser/end table. It's super sturdy, but the flat surface dimensions are limited to 24" x 16". So, you can see why I'm playing musical chairs with tank ideas! Lmao

ReefahBarra84

Lol. Yeah, I like zoas and favites  ;).

Actually, like any coral with colors that stand out against the common crowd corals. I know that as enthusiasts, we have a different definition for common. But you know what I mean. Alot of those zoas are uncommon in my local area, but online, they aren't. Haha..

ReefahBarra84

Lifegard is locked in. Finally. I scrapped the peninsula, and the UNS was backordered. I initially thought about the fusion 20 Pro, but for the price, the Lifegard was the best gallon per buck for me.

I have the smallest version of their lineup (4.14G). I really like it, but be prepared to immediately replace the return pump. Also, I was less than thrilled with the coupling from the return pump to the lock line. 

• 2 weeks later...
ReefahBarra84

So, this happened 😊

I feel like the tank has changed alot, but finally found the tank I wanted, and the it was actually in stock... Stay tuned.

Screenshot_20190810-215819_Facebook.jpg