Coral Vue Hydros

ReefahBarra's AguaBox 20 "Nuvo Fusion 20 PRO" Adventure (Really this time!)

ReefahBarra84

ReefahBarra84
11 hours ago, TatorTaco said:

Congratulations!

Thank you!!! 

After a couple setbacks, I finally settled on a tank. The main goal for this tank is to get as many collector morphs of different things across board as possible. 

I've collected a good bit so far, but I'd like to expand into acros and chalices, etc

The specs for the system; 

Lighting : XR 15 G3 Pro 

Flow / circulation : IceCap 1K 

Dosing:  Seachem Reef Fusion 2-part via 2 kamoer

X1 bluetooth micropumps

Below are some samples of what I've already collected. 

Stay tuned! Tank gets here in 6 days!

• Like 1

Great tank choice and I peep that GTi in the background haha (we now have two things in common)

I just set a cube 20 up myself, one month into the cycle! What do you have planned for your fish stock list?

• Thanks 1
ReefahBarra84
4 hours ago, EvanSPS6 said:

Great tank choice and I peep that GTi in the background haha (we now have two things in common)

I just set a cube 20 up myself, one month into the cycle! What do you have planned for your fish stock list?

Yeah, I love the Gti. Fun car for sure.  Haha! 

Well, I'm mostly a coral person. So, I haven't given much thought as to what I want fish-wise.

I initially wanted some sort of schooling fish, but I can't seem to figure out what the magic number is regarding cardinals. I'd hate to get 5, and they slowly pick the weakest one off. 

Since I work at a lfs, I pretty much have access to pretty much anything. I guess time will tell. Lol.

• 3 months later...
ReefahBarra84

Alrighty, it's been a while since I last posted. 

Been a crazy fall.. 

Couple of updates ; after constantly going back and forth, I finally locked down a tank. 

I ended up with a Nuvo Fusion 20 Pro. It's still boxed up, but at least there's been progress. 

I've pretty much locked down everything I need. System specs will be the following ;

System: Nuvo Fusion 20 Pro

Lighting: XR-15 g3 with mount 

(Might upgrade to Illumagic Blaze X60)

You can thank the November 19 featured reef for that. 

just about in love with this damn thing.  Super jealous I've been at this hobby since 2004, and never had anything near that.  But mark my words. It will happen. I've been motivated. 

Flow: call me a copycat, but I'm doing the same thing @xM3THODx did.  Dual Icecap 1ks. Besides, I've heard that icecap has or is discontinuing these in lieu of a beefier or something version. We have just two left at our shop. Sooo I'm locking those down this week

Dosing;  2x Kamoer bluetooth x-1s 

Always been interested in the balling type of dosing.  Will be dosing Tropic Marin Carbocalcium. I've seen the benefits of dosing amino acids in the past, soo I'm gonna be dosing AcroPower.

Nutrient export / filtration;

since I'm tight on space, 

I'm going fuge/ macro algae and probably 2 small red mangrove babies. I think that eventually, the back section (false wall) section will be torn out someday, and one of the side panels will be drilled for a peninsula Style system.  But not for a while. Lol. Crazy, I knowww.

Stock custom caddy filter plans ; 

Probably gonna run some filter floss,

Chemipure elite and LR rubble.

Perhaps the biggest surprise, and what will probably set this nuvo apart from it's countless brethren  will be the rock I've selected for it. 

I've had the fortunate chance of having access 

To first dibs on stuff that comes in from breakdowns, (perk of working at an Aquarium shop/,service company). I managed to find "nano" sized tonga branch live-rock. I'll post pictures of that tomorrow. It's been establishing for the past few months in our coral sales tanks' sump. It's super nice, and I'm beaming with excitement that I can barely contain my excitement . Oh, and here's the starting sps lineup that'll be going in my tank once it's established . 

Stay tuned!!!

Screenshot_20191117-065524_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
ReefahBarra84

Quick update on my stuff growing out. 

Picked up some old school bpc FLAMETHROWER!! 

Plus some shots of the updated growth of my lps and my zoa rack . Tank will be set up soon!

Been ramping up !

20191213_160422.jpg

20191213_160426.jpg

IMG_2764.jpg

IMG_2765.jpg

597795491.jpg

IMG_2743.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • 5 weeks later...
ReefahBarra84
On 1/18/2020 at 5:18 PM, Seadragon said:

Hello @ReefahBarra84, glad you're back!  Question for you...

What was that magenta-colored macroalgae (?) in the picture of your Original Post?  It was quite beautiful.

magenta.jpg.e6c68606b2dc991e3b01c7661bada4b7.jpg

Thanks!

Oh snap, I thought I replied to this.  So, from what I've seen in person, I think it's dragons breath macro. As we all know, ,colors can vary based on individual tank parameters.   Sorry for the late response 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...