inTank Media Baskets

Ok...I need a fish and some suggestions

Clown79

I want another fish in my lagoon.

My choice was starck damsel but they are virtually impossible to get here.

I have a midas and 2 clowns- all they do is hang out in their area so I want a swimmer.

Anyone got suggestions?

Wrasse, angel etc. 

appleSHAMPOO17

I love my Pink Streaked Wrasse, he's always on the move weaving in and out of the rock work. He also comes to the front of the tank all the time after getting comfortable.

33 minutes ago, appleSHAMPOO17 said:

I love my Pink Streaked Wrasse, he's always on the move weaving in and out of the rock work. He also comes to the front of the tank all the time after getting comfortable.

I had one, it was murderous. Lol.

I had to order it, you never see them here.

Fish options are odd here. Tons available for very large tanks.

Most common

Fairy wrasse

6 line wrasse

Yellow wrasse

Orchid dotty

Royal gramma

Bangaii

Clowns

Anthias

Angels

Typical damsels and chromis

Blennies and gobies.

It really sucks. I have never even seen a possum wrasse.

I'd love something that is colourful and not a problem fish, my clowns bother no one unless in their area, same with blenny. 

We'd love an angel, their coral nipping scares me😔

• Like 1

My vote is a fairy wrasse or bangaii cardinal. I've had both and they're both cool fish. They're pretty and usually visible, although the cardinal isn't very active and the wrasse can be shy sometimes.

5 minutes ago, norbert said:

My vote is a fairy wrasse or bangaii cardinal. I've had both and they're both cool fish. They're pretty and usually visible, although the cardinal isn't very active and the wrasse can be shy sometimes.

Any particular fairy wrasse. We do love them but alot seem to be labeled as fairy wrasse here.

Wish I could just drive across the border and get a fish. Lol 

I'm not very familiar with the different species. As long as it doesn't get too big or tough to care for or anything and looks healthy it's probably fine, haha.

2 hours ago, Clown79 said:

Any particular fairy wrasse. We do love them but alot seem to be labeled as fairy wrasse here.

Lubbocks fairy wrasse are easy keepers and readily available here so may be able to find it there... they actually have variable patterns depending where collected and are highly variable baseline so look around for you one you really like the pattern of. 

I have a juvi coris on my IM 25 lagoon. Tiny thing, probably take while to get big.... active but not as spazzy as my leopard. Eats pests as a bonus. Also probably easy to find.

Springer damsels are a nice alternative to a starkii but not sure you will find them.

• Like 3

Your current stock probably works with a sixline too... although when I had one it tended to stick near the rocks and my coris or a lubbocks were more all over the place.

I don't keep angels because they tend to let a person down eventually if you keep meaty LPS or clams. 

3 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Your current stock probably works with a sixline too... although when I had one it tended to stick near the rocks and my coris or a lubbocks were more all over the place.

I don't keep angels because they tend to let a person down eventually if you keep meaty LPS or clams. 

Thanks so much for all the detail.

I am too worried about angels cause its not about if but when they will nip. Such a shame.

I'm gonna look into the fairy wrasse, I know we get those here and they are beautiful.

Anything to worry about these guys?

How about flasher wrasse?

10 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

Thanks so much for all the detail.

I am too worried about angels cause its not about if but when they will nip. Such a shame.

I'm gonna look into the fairy wrasse, I know we get those here and they are beautiful.

Anything to worry about these guys?

How about flasher wrasse?

Nothing to really worry about, small and hardy, generally easy keepers and peaceful. Might hide at first.

Small flashers, McCoskers, Carpenters, etc... all should be fine. The small flashers are easily bullied so careful about that. 

What about a PJ cardinal? Mine use to just float around in the water column. they are very peaceful, but also pretty slow so if you think your clowns might get aggressive then there might be trouble

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Nothing to really worry about, small and hardy, generally easy keepers and peaceful. Might hide at first.

Small flashers, McCoskers, Carpenters, etc... all should be fine. The small flashers are easily bullied so careful about that. 

I have a carpenter wrasse...now with ich (thankfully not velvet) thanks to a fang blenny which died anyway...awesome fish! Very peaceful, swims everywhere. Now need to TTM the little guy but then don't have anywhere to put him for the next 72 days😬

2 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

What about a PJ cardinal? Mine use to just float around in the water column. they are very peaceful, but also pretty slow so if you think your clowns might get aggressive then there might be trouble

Lol. Their eyes creep me out. 

On 7/19/2019 at 2:15 PM, Clown79 said:

Do you have a passport?  At Niagara Falls if you walk across the boarder usually you breeze right through especially if you don't have a backpack or bags in your hand.  

2 hours ago, Wingy said:

Do you have a passport?  At Niagara Falls if you walk across the boarder usually you breeze right through especially if you don't have a backpack or bags in your hand.  

How do u bring across the fish without any bags?

8 hours ago, Wingy said:

My LFS just got these tiny springer's damsels!!! Not even 1/2 inch!! Sooo cute!!! Will most likely set up my qt tank this week and get one. They're one of the most peaceful as far as damselfish goes.

• Like 1

Ya, I would never attempt to bring livestock over the boarder.

1 contacted a store that said they get the starcki in sept/Oct.

If that doesn't pan out, I'll probably do a fairy/flasher wrasse. 

I love damsels, so pretty but the ones we often see are the yellow tail, azure, blue devil.

• Like 1