Pod Your Reef

AI Prime HD on 10 gallon?

wuzzo

33 minutes ago, Azur said:

In truth I've just stuck them on those settings and never adjusted them, it's worked fine so far! I guess if I was running an SPS dominant tank I'd bump them up a little bit but if you just place corals in sensible places it'll be fine. The other thing I guess to also consider is how high you've got the light above the tank? I think mine's 7 inches above the water's surface.

Mine is about 16 inches up. Right now I just have gsp, pulsing xenia, zoas/palys, florida ricordia, yuma, a hammer, and frogspawn

• 5 months later...
On 7/19/2019 at 1:59 PM, norbert said:

I'm using the David Saxby settings from the ai website at around 40%, but I haven't been using them for long.

How did you drop everything down to 40%? 

20 hours ago, Crass said:

How did you drop everything down to 40%? 

I think you apply 2 fingers to the screen at the same time and slowly drag your fingers down. If memory serves correct, you'll see the percentages on the lights drop.  It's a super cool trick that took me waaaaaaaaay too long to figure out. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, TatorTaco said:

I think you apply 2 fingers to the screen at the same time and slowly drag your fingers down. If memory serves correct, you'll see the percentages on the lights drop.  It's a super cool trick that took me waaaaaaaaay too long to figure out. 

Does that work for each individual increase and drop for the saxeby setting?

23 hours ago, Clown79 said:

Does that work for each individual increase and drop for the saxeby setting?

I'm at work and playing around with the app on my phone.  At least for the cloud service, the two-finger pinch method raises/lowers all the settings at the same time. 

• Thanks 1
On 2/6/2020 at 5:32 PM, TatorTaco said:

I'm at work and playing around with the app on my phone.  At least for the cloud service, the two-finger pinch method raises/lowers all the settings at the same time. 

Think these setting will be too strong? 10 gal fusion nano. No coral yet but will be mixed with lps, sps and soft. 

Screenshot_20200210-212246_myAI.jpg

I'd love to help but I don't get the growth with my Primes as (almost) everyone else.  It seems like a great starting point without worrying about bleaching your corals. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2020 at 8:47 PM, Crass said:

Think these setting will be too strong? 10 gal fusion nano. No coral yet but will be mixed with lps, sps and soft. 

Screenshot_20200210-212246_myAI.jpg

I ran mine at about 40% on my 8 gallon,  seemed to be ample light. That does look like a good starting point though 

13 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

I ran my AI on a 5.5g between 40-50%

Just curious as I don’t even have one if these lights but what would you run them at on an IM10 all SPS? 

7 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

Just curious as I don’t even have one if these lights but what would you run them at on an IM10 all SPS? 

Depends on the sps. If high light acro's, I'd start at 50% and work my way up. 

I know there is a member on here with a IM10 with full sps tank, they run 2 ai's on the tank.

1 hour ago, Clown79 said:

Depends on the sps. If high light acro's, I'd start at 50% and work my way up. 

I know there is a member on here with a IM10 with full sps tank, they run 2 ai's on the tank.

Thanks! Yeah I know that one I think  - Surveyman. Nice tank!