SaltCritters.com

Massive Bristle worm in nano aquarium

Chris Beddows

Chris Beddows

There is a huge bristle worm hiding in LV that pops up now and then but is now that confident that it comes out in daylight and is alot bigger than I thought...a good 7 or 8 inch long....

My nano tank currently houses 2 kuda seahorses and a clean up crew of 3 snails a hermit.

Any trap ideas? 

Should I remove ?

Benefits? 

Cons?

Advice in general? 

Thanks guys xxx

3 hours ago, Chris Beddows said:

Any trap ideas? 

Image result for bristle worm trap
Any plastic jar or bottle should work.  Unlike this pic, drill (staggered) holes for plastic straws.  The straws should sit on the sand bed.  Put some meaty food in the trap at night, then check the trap in the morning.

They do sell traps for them, and you can make them like Seabass shows, but I've never had luck with either one. I got lucky with both of the fireworks that I had in my tank in that they came out into the open and  was able to catch them with tweezers. Mind you this took over two years. I'm not sure if they are bad or not. I did have several fish disappear without a trace over the two years they were in there, and none since getting rid of the worms, so...

You may be able to catch them out of the rocks better at night with a red flashlight. Just make sure if you see on out, make sure it is all the way out, as they are very quick to retreat. Good luck

• Like 1