Coral Vue Hydros

flame scallops?

Howf777

I was at the lfs yesterday and walked by some flame scallops, and sumtin caught my eye. I've seen plenty of these before but the ones in this tank looked like it was lighting up. The edge of the flesh looked like an electric current was lighting them up. Does anyone have any idea of what im talking abuot? Curious to know what it is

thanks

ApocalypticSurf6

electic flame scallops, do what format32 says, my lfs got 4 in, i asked how much, the guy says idk if their even alive check em if you want so stuck my hand in there, hah red dust, trust me they will not live, but yea they are cool

they are large animals that filter huge ammounts of water and need a lot of food (read at least every other day). Most people dont want to spend the time or they think all the psudo-phytoplankton will foul the water.

Originally posted by Doc Shake

give it a try man, try DT, Blackpowder, phyto and chromoplex.  Ive had one in my 2.5 carribean tank for eight months and it is fine.  Good luck

And you feed it every other day in 2.5 gallons? If so, how often do you change the water in your tank?

I agree with what Doc Shake has said on the water issues.Indeed you have to make a choice on the feeding issue of owning any scallop.I use Marine Snow in very small amounts every other day.I have to do a 10% water change once a week on the 20L I keep it in.Its like owning any pet,are you willing to do what it takes to care for the creature?I like having a scallop and do what it takes to keep it and it's tank mates.

every three days i change 0.5 gallons. I mix five gallons at a time so it takes very little time to do.

That's my normal routine in my 2.5 anyhow

i have had one for about 9 months...since i got it its grew about an inch or so....i feed it every other day with phyto....the only other problem i have had is when it wants to move whatever is in its way gets knocked over...he the reason i lost my RBTA...he tipped the rock over and the RBTA was in the sand face down overnight...so they are cool but kinda destructive...thats not the only rock that has been moved

I've had one for about a month now and I feed it every other day with marine snow, never had any problems with it and its always open and lighing up, i would definatly recomend them if you were willing to care for them correctly.

Archived