Top Shelf Aquatics

Caeto and Pods. Where do you get them?

JaneClifton

JaneClifton

Hello, reefers!

Where do you all buy your Chaetomorpha and copepods? I was ready to hit the purchase button on my AlgaeBarn cart but was notified that the chaeto was suddenly out of stock. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Thanks!

• Like 1
7 hours ago, JaneClifton said:

Hello, reefers!

Where do you all buy your Chaetomorpha and copepods? I was ready to hit the purchase button on my AlgaeBarn cart but was notified that the chaeto was suddenly out of stock. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Thanks!

I would try the local reefer forum/club. It's usually the way to get it free, at least the chaeto, Pods are typically hitchhikers of Chaeto so you'll get both :). There's always a risk of introducing unwanted hitchhikers and algae coming from other reefers tanks so be selective.

if you want "clean" Chaeto and pods...Algaebarn is a great source.

Enjoy!

• Thanks 1
JaneClifton
21 minutes ago, xM3THODx said:

I would try the local reefer forum/club. It's usually the way to get it free, at least the chaeto, Pods are typically hitchhikers of Chaeto so you'll get both :). There's always a risk of introducing unwanted hitchhikers and algae coming from other reefers tanks so be selective.

if you want "clean" Chaeto and pods...Algaebarn is a great source.

Enjoy!

Thanks! I was a little worried about buying it from a local reefer.

im gonna hide and say i gotten macro a few times off ebay all with good success.

But i always look at seller feedback, and how many he processes. 

Chances are if there is something bad with the chaeto or any of the macro, someone will have ranted a storm about it on his feedback.  

The important thing is, don't buy from someone who has too little feedback.

Dont ignore any negative or neutral feedback unless you know its a idiot who posted the negative, like putting salt water coral in a freshwater tank.

And make sure they have some form of DOA guarantee. usually on something cheap like macro, they will almost always immediately ship out a new one if it happens to die somehow in transit. 

• Like 1