SaltCritters.com

Salinity

Juicyjamez

This post is regarding my 28g reef tank.

Had it for about 2 months now 

my salinity was way low mixed some saltwater up and now it’s at 28! Livestock are  healthy still at day 2 of High salinity. What is your advice to bringing it down and u think this will affect my livestock 

:welcome: to Nano-Reef.com.

Lowering specific gravity quickly is better tolerated than raising it quickly.  I'd probably replace a half gallon of tank water with RO/DI.  If it needs more, do the same tomorrow.  I'd shoot for 1.025 to 1.026.

Stability is important.  Not sure what happened, but it's important to test specific gravity prior to doing water changes.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, seabass said:

:welcome: to Nano-Reef.com.

Lowering specific gravity quickly is better tolerated than raising it quickly.  I'd probably replace a half gallon of tank water with RO/DI.  If it needs more, do the same tomorrow.  I'd shoot for 1.025 to 1.026.

Stability is important.  Not sure what happened, but it's important to test specific gravity prior to doing water changes.

Thanks a lot a light  RO water change was going to be my first step Just was iffy about how much to take out  

• Like 2