Pod Your Reef

Anyone use this?

justinkdenny

justinkdenny

It says 100% polyester but doesn't say anything about being flame retardant.  It also says made from recycled materials.  It is from Walmart.   Thanks

20190714_171442.jpg

20190714_171552.jpg

• Like 1

Plenty of reefers use it and have zero issues. Being frugal myself, I have some on hand just in case I run out of the pink filter floss, but at this time the Pink stuff is working out great.

• Like 1

Yep, I use that same bag when I know I'm going to go through a lot of floss (dino outbreak, cyano outbreak, after heavy turkey baster-ing). I put some on top of my more expensive/better inTank floss as kind of a pre-filter floss filter.  It does tend to leave a lot of loose fibers around the tank and stuck on powerheads, which can be solved by putting it in a bag first, but usually I skip the bag since I know I'm going to remove it in a few hours anyways. 

I have some running in my jbj cubey right now and snapped a pic so you can see what I mean. It's usually pretty long fibers that are easy to pick back out.

Only once did I get some wrap around the impeller, but it didn't seem to mess anything up, I just noticed it while doing routine maintenance. 

PolyfilFibers.jpg.d9fdfff7e6ddd060df0402e3a5699c2c.jpg

I made a floss fibre guard out of craft mesh. Every time I replace the floss I give the guard a shake to get the loose fibres out pop it back in, add floss done.

Not really needed as far as I can tell, but makes me feel better.

justinkdenny
3 hours ago, Ratvan said:

I made a floss fibre guard out of craft mesh. Every time I replace the floss I give the guard a shake to get the loose fibres out pop it back in, add floss done.

Not really needed as far as I can tell, but makes me feel better.

That right there might just work!

• Thanks 1