SaltCritters.com

Hammer coral and Frogspawn together????

TIM28GBOW

Just wanted to know if hammer coral and frogspawn could be put in a tank together. both have the ability to sting other corals but ive heard these two can actually be put next to eachother. does anyone know for sure?

Some people don't realize that Euphellia is actually the Genus name not the name of the species so they may assume that they can all be put together but this is incorrect. I have four euphellia corals three of which are different species all in a 20H.(there is not much room). From experience within my own system I've discovered that frogspawn and branching hammer can tolerate eachother. Since branching and disk type hammers are in the same species I think that you will be all right. Torches can ONLY tolerate themselves. Someone told me at an upstanding propogating facility that they could be put together, that torch bastard killed two heads on the froggy; that guy was wrong. Since I do not have the "normal" hammer I can't tell you that it will work with 100% conviction. Branching are prettier anyway.

My hammer and frogspawn are completely touching each other. In fact, their polyps are inter-twined on occasion and it looks really cool. No problems at all.

Archived