Jump to content
Krish87

SEEKING HELP + GUIDANCE | Torch Coral - Unusual Behavior

Recommended Posts

Krish87

Dear Reefing Family,

 

It has been two days now, and my Torch coral has been exhibiting some unusual behavior. Interestingly, I do not see the green tips on many of the polyps. This was noticed only in the morning (I believe it might have happened overnight).

 

Salinity = 1.025

dKH = 8.5

Ca = 425

 

Nevertheless, the reason for my worry is that all the other inhabitants are doing well.
 

  • Could this be a one-off scenario where it is just pissed for no reason?
  • Or it could be a Polyp bailout situation? 
 
3gQw0kHDTma53Hqig2QLKw_thumb_1f3d.thumb.jpg.5c6566ff76c49b1f4da915833ad601bd.jpg

 

The tissue is still attached to the skeleton, so I'm really not sure :sad:

 

Any guidance and/or pointers from your experience will be greatly appreciated.

 

I hope this coral gets back to normal. This is one of my favorite corals!

Share this post


Link to post
LogicalReefs

How's the flow? I know torches like high flow areas.

Share this post


Link to post
Krish87
10 minutes ago, LogicalReefs said:

How's the flow? I know torches like high flow areas.

Flow is pretty good. It has always been there.

 

Hopefully, things become better... fingers crossed!

Share this post


Link to post
Clown79

How long have you had it?

 

Any changes in the tank at all?

 

What lighting is it under?

 

Is alk stable?

Share this post


Link to post
Krish87
1 hour ago, Clown79 said:

How long have you had it?

 

Any changes in the tank at all?

 

What lighting is it under?

 

Is alk stable?

Hi @Clown79

- I have had this from the very first day I set my tank up (1.5 years now)

- No changes in the tank

- AI Prime HD

- Alk is stable

 

I have a water change coming up, perhaps that might do the trick!

Share this post


Link to post
Clown79
27 minutes ago, Krish87 said:

Hi @Clown79

- I have had this from the very first day I set my tank up (1.5 years now)

- No changes in the tank

- AI Prime HD

- Alk is stable

 

I have a water change coming up, perhaps that might do the trick!

Hmmm. I can't really think of why this would happen since the tank is stable.

 

I had a hammer loose its tip colour after about a year, it had to do with low nutrients in my tank. 

Share this post


Link to post
Krish87
Just now, Clown79 said:

Hmmm. I can't really think of why this would happen since the tank is stable.

 

I had a hammer loose its tip colour after about a year, it had to do with low nutrients in my tank. 

Yeah, that is why I'm bummed.

 

I shall change the water tomorrow and report back if I notice any positive changes! 

Share this post


Link to post
Clown79
15 minutes ago, Krish87 said:

Yeah, that is why I'm bummed.

 

I shall change the water tomorrow and report back if I notice any positive changes! 

Have you checked p04 levels?

Share this post


Link to post
Krish87

@Clown79 Forgot to mention, there were 2 flatworms on the Torch. I used the turkey baster to blow it off and siphon it out. But I do remember giving the torch a quick dip to make sure there aren't more of those worms irritating the coral.

 

Maybe that dip caused the issue? I might be overthinking because a dip cannot cause the tips to just wither away 😥

 

Anyway, just thought of sharing! 

Share this post


Link to post
Krish87
20 hours ago, Clown79 said:

Have you checked p04 levels?

Phosphate levels are in range! Checked it when I tested Ca and Alk.

Share this post


Link to post
mcarroll

What were your actual test values for no3 and po4?

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...