Innovative Marine Aquariums

pom pom crab, emerald crab, and six line compatibility

12scanlon

Ive  decided to take down my pico jar and have a pom pom crab that is going to need a new home. I currently have a 16 gallon bio cube with many corals, six line wrasse, YWG, and clownfish, and other inverts including an emerald crab. I was wondering if he’d do ok in here with the emerald crab and six line wrasse. The six line isn’t extremely big but i’m worried he might stress/hurt my pom pom. he does have both anemones if that matters. thanks.

The tank is on the smaller size for a six line, so that could potentially affect its personality.  However, with a decent amount of live rock, I don't really foresee a problem.

Houston(EX)NanoReefer

If the six line isn't bothering any of your inverts currently, I don't think it would be a problem. Anecdotally, I've kept a six line in a similar setup and never had it bother any inverts. 

• Like 1

ok...

I forgot to mention I do have a pistol shrimp paired with my YWG. Will he attack he pom pom. He’s made burrows all around the tank and i’ve caught him going after my emerald crab when he’s gone into his burrow. will this be a big deal for the pom pom.

Houston(EX)NanoReefer
2 minutes ago, 12scanlon said:

ok...

I forgot to mention I do have a pistol shrimp paired with my YWG. Will he attack he pom pom. He’s made burrows all around the tank and i’ve caught him going after my emerald crab when he’s gone into his burrow. will this be a big deal for the pom pom.

It's a safe bet that the pistol shrimp will go after anything that invades its space. 

• Like 1

Just anecdotal as well, and doesn't apply to the six line, but I've had a pom pom, pistol, and emerald together in a 10 and now 20 gallon tank with no issues. I don't even have tons of rock work but there's definitely separate islands for them to be on and they all leave each other alone.

53 minutes ago, Houston(EX)NanoReefer said:

It's a safe bet that the pistol shrimp will go after anything that invades its space. 

ok, this makes sense. just didn’t know if he might target the crab. 

22 minutes ago, lizzyann said:

Just anecdotal as well, and doesn't apply to the six line, but I've had a pom pom, pistol, and emerald together in a 10 and now 20 gallon tank with no issues. I don't even have tons of rock work but there's definitely separate islands for them to be on and they all leave each other alone.

I have a good amount of rock work. Here is a picture of my tank.

60A1E3D5-1883-49E3-A60E-1CEE47275449.jpeg

C2C26F2A-BC47-44D1-A9EE-73E362698F90.jpeg

• Like 1